The Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone was released in September of 2014 and is also known as the Samsung Galaxy Alfa. It runs on the Android operating system and is carried by most major cellular providers.

Why is there no sound coming out of my phone?

When I try and watch a videos on my phone there is no sound coming out of the speaker.

What can I do to fix this?

I really would like to hear my friends singing happy birthday to me.

Check that your phone Volume is Up, that your phone is NOT on Do not Disturb or Silence, and make sure your Bluetooth or any other Casting is turned Off.

There is no sound coming out of my phone at all!

It's really stressing me out...

I have turned on everything but still no sound ARGH

Please help me my Samsung. J3 when some one call me i can hear when my phone is ringing i cant even look a video on my phone

candice and @carolbroer you need to follow the advice given in the answers section or start your own question. this problem has been solved.

Yes, see the previous ansawer and I would also add- go into "settings" and check the "sound". Slide the "volume" to the right to increase, especially for "media".

There are several problems that could lead to this. First and foremost, we need to check if your sound is on. To do this, while in the video press the topmost button on the side of the phone. This should trigger a display on your phone to show that the volume is going up.

If the display shows, but there is still no sound, make sure there is nothing in the headphone jack that could be redirecting the sound. This means that you can't have any headphones or charms inside the jack, otherwise the sound will be directed through them.

After trying both of those things with no luck, try to see if your speaker works at all. With the ringer volume all the way up, have somebody call you and check if the ringtone makes a noise. If not, the speaker is most likely the issue and should be replaced.

For further help try looking at the Troubleshooting page here: Galaxy Alpha Troubleshooting

Weirdly I had this problem for several days but just fixed it. I decided to follow the advice on this page and take out my battery and check for water damage. No damage I could see. I put the battery back in and turned phone back on and low and behold sound now works. Weird but very pleased now!!!

took your advice breeiejo. took out my battery to check for water damage. No damage I could see. I put the battery back in and turned phone back on and low and behold sound now works. So relieved! Only had it a couple of days.

Turning off Bluetooth fixed this pesky problem for me...thanks for ideas

I had the same as Breeniejo - just took the battery out and placed it back in and it works !

Thank you for helping me resolve my issue. I am not a WIZ when it comes to technical issues on my phone, nor my computer. I sure appreciate it.

i had this problem and it turned out my bluetooth was on and connected to a random nearby device

Resrart, removed battery & put back to reset, turned off bluetooth.... bluetooth remedy fixed it ( barring drops, etc)

Dolby digital plus had my sound muted. Restarted Dolby digital sound in Settings, Sound.

It turned out to be a blue tooth issue with me as well. I have a lot of blue tooth items in my home. I disconnected and all went well. That explains why I get sound at work but not home.

please check if hands free is enable in your device that means headphone jack not responding according to hardware connected or disconnected.

Take out your battery. Worked for me and several other people have commented that it has worked for them, as well

If you have recently updated your phone or flashed a custom ROM, it might be because of that. Try to do a factory reset of your phone, or wipe and reflash to the stock ROM.

You can power off the phone which will correct system errors and power on again and When the samsung logo appears , press the volume down button till the phone opens and safe mode is shown downwards . Safe mode will help you because it turn off third party apps cache data .

Thanks very much @ghjjhb for your advise, my phone is working normal now. Much appreciated

i have fixed it! for me, it was that my phone thought that a 3.5mm jack was plugged in. the solution is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

I was watching a video on my sumsang phone and then all the sudden my phone goes silent and I do not know why . WHAT DO I DOOOO?

Ciera Dixon will be eternally grateful.