The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been superseded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Why won't my controller turn on?

Sometimes the Xbox One controller will not turn on, even after replacing or recharging the batteries.

My controller had a venom battery pack in it and i put in a charger that didnt work with the battery and now my controller is not turning on. Can anyone help me

Same. I had a venom pack it bent it and stopped working

Turned my x1 controller on the light dimmed after a moment then just stay off. Put in a fresh set of battery's same issue occurred. I plugged it in via USB stayed in for a moment then turned off. First time this has happened. I've got hardly any interference using only one wireless controller. I'll end up pulling it apart to see if it needs a cleaning or repairs. In the middle of playing mass effect Andromeda really wanna get back into it. Anybody figures out anything keep me posted :)

My Xbox one controller won't turn on I put batteries won't work use use won't work please help contact me please 2178jay021@gmail.com thank you

My Xbox One controller still turns in, but I can't tell bc the light on it doesn't work... And it also turns off the second I turn it on and start using it. I can't find any website to help.

My controller died during an update and would not turn on no matter what I did.

I fixed this issue by using a known good USB -> Micro USB cable from my phone charger, and fresh batteries in the controller (do NOT assume your cable is okay - try another one if you have it). Turn off the Xbox One and unplug it for a minute or two. In the meantime, plug in the controller using the USB to the side port (probably any port will do, but that's the one I used). Plug the console back in and turn it on using the button on the console, not the controller. After a minute, the light on my non-functioning controller lit up and all was good to go.

Good luck, hope it works for you too!

this happened to me and your info helped. after a few minutes plugged in. it came back on. thanks buddy!

Your fix worked - saved me from buying a new controller. Thanks.

Might try this on my bricked (repaired connector, it worked for about 48 hours then also died during an update) controller. Wonder if a higher pin number sold with some newer phones will work? I think it might be a timing issue. Will do some more tests with the SDR# and tape antenna on the chip in case I can ID the exact point at which bootup fails. (related hack: do the same to a dead microSD card as its possible to extrapolate data overwritten if expected pattern is partially known though incredibly slow)

If your controller won't turn on, first try replacing or recharging the batteries. If that still doesn't work, your charge cable may be defective, and may not be charging your batteries. Check out the Xbox One Wireless Controller troubleshooting page for more information at Xbox One Wireless Controller Troubleshooting.

The same thing happened with me but I looke at my Xbox and saw it wasn't on unplugged everything plugged it back in Xbox turned on and the controllers started working

I tried 4 times and it doesn't work wtf

I bent the battery tabs back outward,, they get pushed in over time causing poor contact. Restoring the spring action of the tabs fixed the issue.

I have had no problems with my xbox had it since the kinect first came out since then i played with power packs on my controller and the for some reason it stopped connecting after that a bought a wired controller used that then soon didn't wanna work either then i said ah what the hey i bought a another wireless controller worked for a bit then battery pack stopped working so switched to rechargeable batteries now controller does not turn on what so ever no power no sync nothing i tried with a power cord nothing fresh batteries nothing. Tried power cycling the xbox and nothing i am at a loss now way to controll my xbox i am losing my mind and keep in mind i have only had this $64.00 controller for 3 months

Try putting the plus poles on the plus side and minus on the minus poles.

This can solve your problem.

I turned game off during controller update

Turn off the Xbox One and unplug it for a minute or two. In the meantime, plug in the controller using the USB to the side port (probably any port will do, but that's the one I used). Plug the console back in and turn it on using the button on the console, not the controller.

Garrett George will be eternally grateful.