The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Why won't my controller turn on?

Sometimes the Xbox One controller will not turn on, even after replacing or recharging the batteries.

My controller had a venom battery pack in it and i put in a charger that didnt work with the battery and now my controller is not turning on. Can anyone help me

Same. I had a venom pack it bent it and stopped working

Turned my x1 controller on the light dimmed after a moment then just stay off. Put in a fresh set of battery's same issue occurred. I plugged it in via USB stayed in for a moment then turned off. First time this has happened. I've got hardly any interference using only one wireless controller. I'll end up pulling it apart to see if it needs a cleaning or repairs. In the middle of playing mass effect Andromeda really wanna get back into it. Anybody figures out anything keep me posted :)

Most Helpful Answer

My Xbox one controller wouldn't turn on since i tried to update it in settings.

I have this problem

i have this problem

I fixed this issue by using a known good USB -> Micro USB cable from my phone charger, and fresh batteries in the controller. Turn off the Xbox and unplug it for a minute or two. In the meantime, plug in the controller using the USB to the side port (probably any port will do). Plug the console back in and turn it on using the button on the console, not the controller. After a minute, the light on my non-functioning controller lit up and all was good to go.

What do I do to fix a Xbox One Controller if it won't turn on, and when you hold the power button on the controller, all it does is flicker?

My controller wont turn on either, i have tried different kinds of troubleshoots and it has nothing to do with the console, batteries, or the micro usb cable. The controller will not turn on at all, the light of the home button turns on when you plug it in through usb but the controller is unresposive and none of the buttons work.

If your controller won't turn on, first try replacing or recharging the batteries. If that still doesn't work, your charge cable may be defective, and may not be charging your batteries. Check out the Xbox One Wireless Controller troubleshooting page for more information at Xbox One Wireless Controller Troubleshooting.

My controller died out on me last night. I thought it was the batteries so i put some new ones in. Thing is when i turn it on it acts like it has very low batteries. I ha e no clue what it could i dont have the charge kit cable.

Its the controller charge usb port

I bought a new controller and the cavle worked fine and then i tried updating old cotroller while i barely got it connected and i think i fried it. Wont turn on anymore

I refurbished Xbox one controllers full-time if the light is barely on like it has low batteries it's most likely a broken connector on the PCB circuitboard

How can you fix it @cheeta X

In order to fix this you take apart the controller desolder the rumble motors and pull apart the two pcb boards and u will notice where they attach to the connector will most likely be broken and you just solder it back on. I believe the connector has 4 pins on each side. Also note this fix can only work if it was a clean break and didn't rip up some of the pcb board with it. Wish I could be more descriptive hope this helps

My controller works but only with the usb cable plugged in. It will not work/turn on with batteries in. I have tried new batteries, clean metal conact in controller, updated via usb but still wont work with batteries just cable.

Anyone got any idea's?

My controller has the same exact issue. Only turn on through a USB cable but not through batteries. :-(

Find any fix for this? I've been looking all over and its mostly syncing problems or console needing power cycled. Nothing for this particular problem though which I believe may be some kind of bad or broken connection to the battery pack. So USB power works but not battery power.

This is the problem with mine. I got it used from Amazon, and it never would turn on, unless wired.

I've updated my controller and it was successful but then a few minutes after I dropped my controller and it was turned off when I picked it back up. I tried to turn it back on but it got stuck trying to turn on and now every time I turn my controller on it has this dim lighting like it's trying to get to the point where it can turn on, and when I release the button to try and turn it on, the light just goes away with it. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? As I'm seeing, it doesn't seem like an common issue

New Battery's Might Help. if Not,Contact Microsoft

I tried cutting on my controller after i dropped it , but it wont connect back on after i try it comes a little blue light after I release it goes back off can i get help please?

my light won't come on either. I tried updating it i settings but it won't work

i think i fried it trying to update

My controller died during an update and would not turn on no matter what I did.

I fixed this issue by using a known good USB -> Micro USB cable from my phone charger, and fresh batteries in the controller (do NOT assume your cable is okay - try another one if you have it). Turn off the Xbox One and unplug it for a minute or two. In the meantime, plug in the controller using the USB to the side port (probably any port will do, but that's the one I used). Plug the console back in and turn it on using the button on the console, not the controller. After a minute, the light on my non-functioning controller lit up and all was good to go.

Good luck, hope it works for you too!

I bought a controller and it won't turn on even with new batteries

My controller won't turn on even with the USB port at all. The light doesn't turn on or anything I tried the unplugging the Xbox one method but nothing worked, the batteries were okay the day before but now the controller doesn't respond at all

It happened to me too :(

Im with Chris i play skyrim and i plugged in my adaptor and headset and switched to update controller menu,plugged it in to xbox via cable and as soon as it was 2% its switched off and not coming back at all...not the light. ..nothing. ...is the contoller fried or can it be reset some how...??

same thing happened to me what can i do?

Is there any way to force a Xbox One Controller to turn on if all that happens is a flickering light on the power button? If disconnected during Controller update and I tried resyncing it, and it won't even turn on anymore. Is there any way I can remedy this?

I threw my controller after it wouldn't come on and then my frustration went away for a little while. It's in a million pieces now and will for sure never work again. Good luck

so in 2014 i bought an xbox one in mid to early 2015 the controller that came with my xbox one just wouldnt power on at all no matter what, ended up buying a new controller one with the 3.5 jack, and now that one is &&^&^$^ up power wise. no power no matter what except when i plug into my xbox one it lights up but wont respond to anything and when i press any botton besides home it shuts off.

The same thing happened with me but I looke at my Xbox and saw it wasn't on unplugged everything plugged it back in Xbox turned on and the controllers started working

I have been using Xboxs battery packs and I have been switching back-and-forth between a broken controller on a charger and the one that I use to play now all of a sudden my control won't even turned on how do I fix it

I bent the battery tabs back outward,, they get pushed in over time causing poor contact. Restoring the spring action of the tabs fixed the issue.

Garrett George will be eternally grateful.