The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Why isn't my controller connecting/staying connected to the console?

While playing on the Xbox One, the controller randomly disconnects, or won't connect at all. Sometimes when it disconnects it won't reconnect again.

There are many reasons you could be having connection problems. First, try replacing the batteries; the controller might not have enough power to connect if your batteries are low. If that doesn't work, check to make sure your controller is in range of the console. There may also be too many controllers trying to connect, or there may be other electronic devices interfering with your connection. Check out the Xbox One Wireless Controller troubleshooting page for more information at Xbox One Wireless Controller Troubleshooting.

I'm having this probem on pc not console, pressing the synch buttons on the controller and adapter does nothing.

You might have been using the controller on your pc and it won't connect to your console anymore...simple solution turn the console on with the power button on it and underneath that button you should find a wifi button like the one your controller click on it and you'll see the light on the console blinking press the same button on your controller till it also starts blinking as well then they should both pair and that should solve the problem.

SOLUTION:

I've found that most people with this problem have the soft power off option enabled (basically your console never really shuts off but goes into a "sleep" mode) so when you shut off your xbox, every so often the xbox still sees a contoller is connect/ synced even though its not. Unplugging the console and plugging it back in will most likely fix the issue, but if it still persists I recommend a hard reset.

Guys! i think i found the answer! In the Xbox one controller there are 4 tiny little prongs one is super close to the (-) spot on the battery what i think is happening is some voltage from the battery is arcing and messing up/disconnecting the controller i took a small piece of electrical tape and taped over it and haven't had the issue for almost a week now no more random disconnects. This would explain why brand new controllers do it too because its just a bad design flaw.

Thank you, this worked for me.

All these dumbasses commenting that they have the same problem and not giving a fix...pain in the ass to read thru all of them to find nothing...again, thank you.

%#*@. That totally worked. Had this issue for a LONG time. Thanks pal!

Thank you! We tried everything, contacted Microsoft and nothing. Was not in a good mood about the whole deal. You saved the day!

Would I tape over all these prongs or just the one closest to (-) ?

Been having this problem with two brand new controllers, however they work when connected by usb, thank you

i know im late in asking questions but we have multiple controllers. and 2 consoles. my controller works on one console. but on the other no controller stays synched any ideas?

I hope this reaches the masses. The problem is on the wifi chip/module, where the black wire plugs into. That connection (small round socket)needs to be re soldered. Msft used cheap solder again like they did on the 360. Look at the chip and you'll see the small round connector im talking about. Hope this helps everyone.

Additionally, make sure to re-sync your controller by holding down the sync buttons located on the controller and Xbox One for a few seconds.

For help with this, or other solutions, try the Controller Won't Connect to Console section on the Xbox One Controller Troubleshooting Page.

Just plug it into a micro usb into your console and it'll automatically connect back.

This will work as long as the controller is plugged in, but I can attest that doing so will not necessarily fix wireless connection issues after disconnecting it.

I'm having issues even with the usb connecting the controller

Having the same problem. Any ideas. Nothing literally works. It'll stay connected for a minute then disconnect. Nothing is interfering or anything. And not connecting using usb

When I plug my USB cable into my Xbox and my controller it connects, but when I unplug it, it disconnects again

Mine did this frustrating problem and in the end i replaced the wireless/wifi hardware card inside the xbox unit and had no problems since.

They are currently £20.68 on www.consolesand gadgets.co.uk.

Very simple to replace

Battery pack is probably bad

Daughter has Xbox one.

For the last few months controllers randomly disconnect....... then re connects? When the controllers came back on they've froze. So the batteries have to come out and go back in, to un freeze the controller . This happened again and again usually it's every few minuets.

Happens more on games than apps.

Bought a new controller, thinking that was the problem. No. Same thing happened.

So after reading some posts online, we decided to move the Xbox one a meter or so to the right of where it would usually be. (moved it as far as the wire would let us away from plug sockets and sound bars etc)

Reason we moved it was because the area it was in had many wires. T.V. Xbox360 skyHD box

*There is also a sound bar in that area and the sub woofer sits on the floor near the plug sockets, electrical extention.

Any how, we moved the Xbox One away from all the wires and sound bar. WORKS A TREAT :) , she tried out her older controller. Works great.

All I can say is magnetic fields!

Garrett George will be eternally grateful.