The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card-sized single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of promoting the teaching of basic computer science in schools.

no green light showing

have red light but no green light

Most Helpful Answer

I believe the green light signals network activity. Plug it into a network and send it some data. See if the green light blinks.

There are 4 LEDs, on the pi, two for the Ethernet port, and two separate ones. I assume you mean the separate ones, as these indicate power.

Red is for power on. It being constantly on is nothing but an indicator that you raspberry pi is getting power. Its connected directly to the power source, and does not indicate any code running on the pi.

Green is for SD card. It being off indicates that your SD card is not properly set up to boot the PI. follow the instructions for NOOBS to properly prepare your pi.

From what I can tell, the red light is normal. I also don't own one but from online pictures it's red light...

film49 will be eternally grateful.