Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

696 Questions View all

Need a replacement chip for a damaged one on my logic board.

I've got a water damaged logic board that's identical to the one posted here:

Block Image

Need help identifying SC70 "CFT" chip on water damaged board

I'll be needing that INA213 chip but I ALSO need that funny looking greenish 4 terminal chip to the left of the INA213 in the picture from jinajon's post.


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

Just buy a dead board for $20-$30. Buying pieces one part at a time is frustrating because, each time you realize you need something else, you have to look it up and wait a week for it to come. If you spend $20 or $30 on a board with a hole in it, you will have every part you need pretty much so you can figure out the problem in a short period of time. It minimizes the rabbit hole of having to grab one after another after another of small parts.

If you have corrosion near there you likely have some under the SMC as well, I would pour some Kester 951 under it and heat it if it is still acting up after you replace these components(not before removing the trim around it).

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment
Most Helpful Answer

Keith, it really is not a "chip" ;-) That is reference designator R5410 which is a 0.01 ohm 1W 0.5% current sensing resistor in a 0612 package. Not sure where you are elocated, but you can get them through Digikey.com as well as Farnell.uk as well as many other places.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


Cool, thanks. I'm in Texas and Mouser Electronics is actually very close. I'll try to find the part there. I've already verified they have the INA213.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Keith will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 192