A collection of repairs for on-ear, over-ear and in-ear headphones, earphones and earbuds.

922 Questions View all

How can I replace a headphone jack?


I have an old AKG K240 headphone that uses an old headphone jack to connect to devices.

I dont know how this jack is called but i think it is TRS: It looks exactly like this!

Unfortunately, we live in the year 2010 and these old headphone jacks are not supported by my iPod nor by my mac and other devices in my house.

My question is: Is there any way i can replace or convert this jack to a normal one so i can connect it to today's modern devices?


Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1


Some kinda teardown available here


Add a comment

2 Answers

Can you unplug the cables where they enter the actual monitor?

If yes, the cables are easily replaced.

If not, you need some skills or help.

My suggestion is visiting Headfi forum and ask them. They are very knowledgeable on these classic AKG's. =)

Of course, first check that you cant unscrew the large jack plug.. On the newer there is a regular mini-jack inside the larger jack.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment
Most Helpful Answer

You may be able to get some kind of adapter that converts your TRS to the headphone jack plug.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Appel Sap will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 3,711