Lenovo Essential G560. This laptop has a 15.6" screen, along with a full keyboard with number pad.

Issue with won't boot and black screen after HDD upgrade

What happen: My laptop was working fine, no blue screen issue, no funny business at all. I bought a new SSD Intel 120 GB and thought it would be a good idea to replace the HDD. I shutdown and disconnected the power adapter, waited a couple of minutes and removed the battery. I opened up the back case and replaced the HDD. And put all the screws back and put the battery back in.

Problem: The very first time I turned the power on, nothing happens besides a black screen. I pressed the dvd drive it works and opens up and closes. I waited for about 30 mins and still has blac screen. When I mean black screen, no bios menu, no logo, just a black screen with the fan sound on.

I have tried these:

1. Unplugged everything - battery, adapter, and pressed the power on button for about 60 seconds, nothing, the laptop turns on with the LED display on for both on and battery LED's. But nothing but black screen, no sound of windows loading just the fan and black screen.

2. I tried putting back my old 2.5" and nothing but black screen.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Try to Remove 1 stick of memory, but take both out and replace 1.

I've fase this with the Lenovo T440s. I had to remove the internal battery, then reboot with only a power supply connected. After that, I was able to add the battery back and get all components to work as expected.

Sam will be eternally grateful.