iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Change memory flash 16 Gb for 32 Gb

I have an iPhone 3GS 32 Gb and iPhone 4 16 Gb, it's possible change the flash memory 16 Gb in iPhone 4 for 32 Gb from my iPhone 3GS???

Thanks!!!

Most Helpful Answer

In a word, no. The pinout is the same, but the solder points are inaccessible. If you have an automated solder rework station, something like that found here: http://www.apolloseiko.com/ then yes, you can do it.

In all likelihood, all you will accomplish is breaking two phones to try to save $100

But it's possible? The chip have the same pins??

I have an iPhone 4 32 Gb. it's possible change the flash memory 16 Gb in iPhone 4 to 32 Gb.

Thanks!!!

No. The NAND Flash are hardwired onto the logic board. Unless you have access to reflow equipment and resolder IC's there is no way you can get it accomplished.

by oldturkey03

Emilio Alcaraz will be eternally grateful.