With the HP Chromebook running lightning-fast Chrome OS, the best of Google is at hand on a colorfully sleek and stylish notebook.

Unable to charge chromebook

My son's HP chromebook's charging ability got worse and over a few months last year, to the point that it does not charge at all. The cables have been demonstrated to be working. Has anyone attempted to fix the issue - I'm guessing that the charging port "desoldered" from the board but I haven't had the chance to take it apart yet.

Keith.

I also have this issue my Chrome book will not charge at all I am going to attempt to replace the dc jack if you have the model number q020nr I believe the dc jack is replaceable with out soldering.

Most Helpful Answer

I have had this problem as well on multiple occasions, even after sending the Chromebook in for a replacement. It appears to be a serious defect for the device.

I've tried jiggling and wrapping the cord around the computer, with mixed results. At this point, I may simply throw the computer in the garbage and get a Samsung model.

I have the same issue, and getting ready to toss it too.

Not good, because the laptop isn't even a year old.

Warranty was 90 days

kmattox will be eternally grateful.