This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

How to Remove the back of ZTE ZMax phone?

Is the back of this phone glued on?

I can get it to come off some from the top and bottom of the phone, but it feels like i'am going to break it if I pry to hard.

How do I take off the complete back of a ZTE zeal phone

Having problem with both of my zmaxs. It will not turn on but red light will stay on. He do u open the phone up? Or can u?

You cant open it, and the red light means it is over dead

I can't open the back this $@$* is so fustrating

Zmax created so users cannot remove the back. Like iPhone.

Most Helpful Answer

Just hold the single button on the side of phone until it turns back on. May take about 30 sec to a minute

ive been holding it for a bit. all night long, i just held it for close to a minute and boom........... it actually came on. thanks

Just hold the power button and down for 3 seconds

Just hold the power button and the down volume button for 3 secs.

thank you, thank you, thank you !!!! :) took about 40 seconds of keeping my finger pressed down on the power button, but turned back on :)

I held down the power button while rocking the volume control back and forth and a menu came up with lots of options, the first being reboot.

It would be nice if the mfg of tablets and sellers of those tablets would collectively get together and fix what ever the problem is with Android based OS and tablet batteries. Go to U Tube or Google this problem and you see at once the extent of this issue. When someone tells me to push the on/off button and the sound bar at the same time to "fix" a "reset" of the battery on a 2 month old tablet I become a bit peeved. I even saw a U tube the other day on how to open the back, disconnect the battery wire connection and reconnect in order to reset the battery. Another showed how to "hard wire" as USB cable directly to the tablet so to avoid the entire problem of loss of USB charging ability and issues connected to battery function. When it comes to tablets - if you look at them closely it becomes apparent that all of these are made by the same mfg just different names and or software in the initial package. All seem to have USB charging issues, and battery functionality problems.

Good luck to all

Is likely because everyone wants to use their tablet right out of the box and they don't charge it to 100% first. It's called memory effect, when the battery is first used, it remembers the highest charge it has attained and basically "remembers" that high point to be it's new 100%. Charge your new devices 100% before messing around with them at all, and once at 100%, use it until it is at about 1-2% before charging it back to 100%. Try to maintain this same method for the life of your device and you will be rewarded with great battery performance. Also try to avoid using it while charging, and leaving it plugged in while at 100%.

Li-Ion batteries do not work in this way and flatting tu3 battery will most certainly lessen it's overall life.

How can i change my internet service from 2G to 4G pls help me my zte987 phone is slow when trying to access net.

You arent supposed to open the back of the ZTE ZMAX. They can be opened but it has the high risk of damaging the phone. T-Mobile and MetroPCS stopped selling these phones because people were either breaking their devices or hurting themselves trying to open and remove the battery. I wouldn't recommend opening it unless it is professionally done.

thanks that was a lot of help

Thanks now I know

I regret buying the phone I spend $150.00 dollar and I see a lot of people are having the same problems. I am trying to find a answer I just want to charge but they told me that it can't be fix.

I paid it too.. But i got the back off.

I have a repair channel over on YouTube and I've done a video on how to replace the ZTE ZMAX battery. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/DRFCf1YCg0s

I respond to every comment, so be sure to leave me one down in the comments of the video. Thanks

thanks it very helpful , I will try it now. give u the result then.... tq

hi there, thanks a lot. my zte blade now can start and boot as usual. with ur helpful guide , god bless u

Sweet. Thanks for the feedback!

No glue. You just need to release the clips.

What do u mean release the clips

Where are the clips located @ACE

There are small indentions on the sides of the back. You can't see them. They are on the inside. You will need like a phone pry tool to lift it. Once you have a small corner lifted you can run your tool along the sides and it will pop the clips free.

Can I buy one at T-Mobile on line . try Sam's electronics online .. Try radio shack..

They give you the tool when you get the phone.

Have you seen the news? They suspended sales of this amazing device because of people like you. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,248...

T-Mobile Suspends ZTE Zmax Sales Because People Are Idiots

By Sascha Segan

April 16, 2015

Well it seems more likely that there's a software flaw that needs a hard power reset. That's the root issue. ZTE could solve this easily by publishing a battery removal guide like Samsung does for the S6 and Dell does for all their tablets.

Where is the Samsung provided S6 removal guide? Are you sure you aren't confusing it with something published by iFixit?

Probably covering their own @%^!* by blaming everyone else

How to get the back of an ZTE MAX phone off

I have this phone and had the hardest time getting the back off and went I did my battery got hot and explode and now I'm out of that phone.

Lmao....you've got to be kidding....

same ... zte blade a310 freeze cant off, phone become hot try hardly reset etc still hang and shutdown when touch on battery cable. then no way to on it back

You aren't supposed to be able to remove the back....thats The premise of nonremovable backing......like an iPhone. Batteries are dangerous. Lithium. Too many people getting injured not knowing what their doing.....their not your "basic" kind of battery.

My zte zmax got wet then the main screen lock wont respond to touch. The phone receives calls messeges and everything but i cant do anything because the touch wont unlock. I did a hard reset but still can't touch. What can i do to solve it?

You will need to open up the device and clean the digitizer connector. If that doesnt work then your digitizer needs to be replaced.

Wow same thng happened to mine eound the same time smh where is the digitizer..im going to attempt to get the back off

My Charger Port Went Out On My ZTE ZMax' What Can I Do?? So Sad*

People say T-Mobile suspended sales because people removing the back cover & battery. T-Mobile should have not tried to gouge their customers in the first place (MetroPCS still sells them by-the-way) and shouldn't let the manufacturers 'use' them as suckers to unload garbage on their customers. See the customers are who always pay, and T-Mobile will still buy phones from ZTE but ZTE will take some advantage in profits whatever they can get not being too greedy some some phones batteries can be removed. All of my phones so far have removable batteries, in fact I find this site because I'd like to buy a ZMAX but I won't unless I know beforehand that if the battery goes dead (my Irish luck is that I'll get a lemon and phone hardly used and perfect condition as I treat them, will be junk) I can replace it whether anyone wants me to or not. I know this, ZTE knows this, (probably T-Mobile knows this but if they don't they should).

By-the-way this article says T-Mobile selling them again. http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www...

One last comment. I have had security issues where I want to make absolutely sure there is no communication with my device EVEN WHEN IT IS OFF and the technical advice has always been to remove the battery, then you know there is no hidden communication going on in the background. I am totally against restrictions for reason A... that jeopardize the consumers on reasons B,C,D etc. for example B=security, C=replacement, D=spare already charged I could have used, etc. [they could (and maybe do) provide a plug-in addition like the ones for sale in Radio Shack etc. that are like an external battery) but when they make odd voltages and lack wiring strength to do this (or lack telling us so we have to find out on our own) if we knew and they provided alternatives... don't know about you but I don't like all my eggs in one basket. I never bought a computer that had to be sent away 2 weeks to be fixed... NOPE.

You're an idiot. Its a non serviceable battery. The reason this phone's sales were suspended are people like you. Good job !

No one is idiots if the phone isnt working and the company won't replaced it. Then i dont c why you can't take it upon yourself to learn how they operate.. At your own risk of course. Its like tearing into a radio or computer

Beg to differ.....he's 100% right. If it's a nonremovable cover it's A NONREMOVABLE COVER......

I would not do that if I were you. It is probably why T-mobile and Metro PCS halted sales of Zmax because customers kept trying to pry open the phone to take the battery out when it is not meant to. If you have problems with it, just take it to your retailer and they'll be happy to fix it for you!

If you are ell-bent on doing it, might be worthwhile to watch the youtube video of someone actually doing it. Just a suggestion.

It Has no glue, I opened my zte xmax using a knife and small screwdriver prying little by little

Did it vibrate when u tried to take the back off ??? because it did to me

Didnt me.. Make sure your phone is off before trying this

I need my phone to work and I need to see I try to turn on my phone but the red light is not coming on I need to try to take the battery out but it looks like it is glue on??? I need it to work my phone is dead that's why it won't work

I am having the same promblem!

my max pluse will not power on red light black screen

I don't know exactly what led me to this page, but it's by far the most humorous thing I've read in awhile. The ones trying to remove the back and trying to remove a non removable battery are complete morons. I mean, if you actually tried that and succeeded without harming yourself or the device I am surprised. Furthermore....Anyone who does so definitely does NOT need a smart device. Lmao. Ridiculous!

Me too!!! If the phone isn't working wait 12 hrs at most and take it to the store, I guarantee 75% of these morons haven't even tried and by I'm mean tried ....that is actually longer than 5 secs ....people have no patience. If they just listen to the instructions and hold the on button for 30-60secs it will more than likely come back on and if not, they can hold the volume and on button for 30 -60secs And do a reboot!!! Hello!?!?!? It's not the battery that's the problem or the fact that the back ISN'T SUPPOSED TO COME OFF......ITS 99% OF THE TIME THE IGNORANCE OF THE USER THAT'S TO BLAME.

The internal connection is not making contact with up the USB charger and my phone won't charge. Any suggestions, other than get a new phone? The warranty has expired, of course.

yes it is, i got my phone from metro, the guy said that if you take off the back of the phone it can ruin your phone also it apperantly has "acid" or some harmful subatance that can hurt you

yes it does im scared to pull it

So I hard reset my zte phone after my boy friend installed a app that want let me do nothing at all now on the screen is a android man an it says no command what do I do

How do you opening the phone

Yes its glued on and yes I think I might brake it.

Im looking for an answet

Anyone know if the zmax can turn on without its internal battery installed (if usb is plugged in)?

My zite zmax won't work with out the charger it's says the battery temperature is abnormal help I just won't my phone to stay on

How to remove the back

How do I remove the back

I can't get it off cause my phone won't turn on

Battery: ZTE ZMAX

Created by tmo_tim on Sep 8, 2014 9:09 AM. Last modified by tmo_tim on Apr 30, 2015 2:00 PM.

Learn how to insert or remove the battery on the ZTE ZMAX.

Insert / remove battery

This device does NOT have a removable battery. Do not attempt to remove the battery or the back cover. If your device will not turn on or you need to restart the device, follow these steps:

If you are unsure if your battery is charged, connect your device to the charger.

Press and hold the Power key for up to 15 seconds.

Wait as the device restarts.

How to take the back off of ZTE PHONE

You need to take out the sd & sim card slots then use something very thin to work around it but there's no guarantee that it would be able to put back on so i herd from a few people on YouTube.

I can't send personally text message my buttons want work

My phone is freezing up on me what do i do about it everything going slow my internet my texting so body tell me something what to do

Hold down the power button for 30-60 secs

http://www.waoweo.com/zte-grand-xmax/dis...

My zte z max won't turn on and off I have to use the battery charger to put it on...What can I do please.

How ty o remove the back of the phone

okay time of arrival

Note pad located where on zte max phone?

Where on a ZTE phone is notebook pad located

I hit a button that said duration phone went black when it said lay on flat area and now it won't come on

How do I get the back off of my ZTE Zmaz pro

Make sure all the screws are out. I had 8 in mine. Carefully. Lift up closest to glass the case matches a normal style backing of covers. It may feel like its going to break for sure. But i used a small flat. carefully went around the whole edge and i got the cover to come up. But just know you are exposing all the components and you will probably void all warranties. And im not responsible for anything you do or did wrong

how do I take the back off my zte phone the red light is on and wont go off

whers my answer

Ahhhhh you dont!? Simple.

how to fix zte phone

You DON'T remove it....thats the point of a nonremovable cover. Hence, no area to remove. You void warranties if removed.

How to charge a Zte Lever phone up if the charger port messed up?

Try holding down the power button while toggling the volume control. That worked for me once. You may need to repeat for it to respond. Best of Luck to you!

How to remove the back of the ZTE phone

What to do if my phone goes on and off and want stay. On

My phone keep. Turning. Onand off and want stay on

How do I get imie number

hi my phone no opne. what happen i dont now?

Yes it wets it won't let me do anything

How can I take it off

Yes it feel like it's glue on, plus feels like I will break it to get it open, the phone comes on for a few second and then back off

It feels glue on, I feel like it will break if I try taken it off, the phone comes on for a few seconds and then goes back off

It's glue and clipper double assembly design. Please disassemble it carefully.

William Evans will be eternally grateful.