iPod Classic

Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

Can't hear music from headset part.

I have the 80gb classic. when i try plugging in anything through the headphone jack, nothing plays. i play it from my isound where i just plug it in from the bottom and it charges and plays through these speakers perfectly. yet in my car i try plugging anything through the headphone jack and nothing plays. i have no other problems but can't hear my music.

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like trouble with the headphone jack. You may just have a cable unplugged, or it may be broken. Here is your guide, here is your part. And for future reference, here is your Troubleshooting Guide. Good Luck.

I edited this to remove the link to the thick part, since she mentioned she had an 80GB iPod. Also, in the future, making "your" and "part" link to different things is pretty confusing. It's better to say something like: Here is your part (thin) and (thick).

by Sterling Hirsh

Also: you can link to a product by using wiki syntax, and that makes the blurb appear under the post.

by Sterling Hirsh

laura will be eternally grateful.