13" aluminum unibody, 2.0 or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor.

Why doesn't the 'enter' function doesn't work?

the trackpad cursor works but the 'enter function does not.

Are you talking about the Return key? What enter function ?

no, what I meant was the 'enter' function of the trackpad. cursor works but after that, pushing down does nothing

You might need to replace your trackpad. See if you can borrow a mouse, so you can turn on tap to click in the settings (System Preferences → Trackpad → Point And Click → Tap To Click.) If you don't like tap to click then you might have to buy a new trackpad. It could be the button that registers the clicking under the trackpad has worn out and needs to be replaced. You might want to take your computer to Apple (if possible) to have them see if replacing the trackpad would fix the problem. This is because I don't want you to buy a 95$ new trackpad from iFix It and find out it won't fix the problem. Could you give me some more information about your Mac? Such as the year model? Go to the Apple Logo → About This Mac → More Info → and what year does it say? So I can get you the right tutorials and trackpad part. If this answer helped you please hit the like button (up arrow.)

Fred Oliff will be eternally grateful.