A collection of repairs for on-ear, over-ear and in-ear headphones, earphones and earbuds.

Headset Charging port not working on Beat Studio Wireless 2.0?

Charging port (micro usb) on the headset itself is not working properly.

When i plug it in, the power light turns on and off after a few seconds. Usually when you plug it, the power light blinks. I found out it is dodgy because when i plug and pull it on a certain angle, it charges, but then if i let it go, it stops.

is there a way to fix this? or any replacement parts like a replacement charging port. Is there a tutorial on how to open the headset?

Most Helpful Answer

There is a shop called Cyberion in Arundel mills mall that offered to look into it and repair it. They Said it's common in this headset offered to repair it for a reasonable cost. They replaced the micro USB port and everything was in working order after the repair.

What's the cost?

I would get a replacement charger. This is just like phone chargers, the cable itself is most probably damaged.

take it to a repair shop and they should be able to have a look for you.

please accept this answer if it has helped.

I found that this problem is not limited to the wire itself.. If it related to the actual port on the headphones becoming loose (wobbly) so movingit left or right makes it make contacts or makes it loose contact. I have tried several wires besides the ones that came wit the beats all with the same result. The problem is the little tiny piece of plastic that the metal pins are set against in the mico USB port on all of the Wireless Studio Beats. It isn't sturdy enough and eventually becomes loose... And for this much money that shuoldn't be happening... The metal pins I am talking about are what is needed to make contact with the pins in the micro usb plug tip on all cables.

Did you eventually get this problem solved? I am having the same issue with my headphones too. It is definitely not the charger cable that isn't the problem, it's the actual port on the headphones :/

The answer, in my case, was the cord. One cord i have to anchor in a certain position for it to charge. Others, i just plug in and they work.

Same issue here. Have tried multiple cords and unless I apply positive pressure on the cord towards the center of the device (pushing the connector itself outward from the center) it does not charge. So currently they are about worthless. Luckily I think I still have six months of warranty so they can fix it (this time).

That happened to me, I taped them and they worked, but now I need to get the charging port fixed. I hope this helps, I am very sorry about your beats

marlu tampus will be eternally grateful.