The Canon PowerShot A520 features 4.0-megapixel sensor with a 4x optical zoom.

dont keep date and time and off

It will not keep date and time. Have to set it everytime I turn it on and will just shut off sometimes

Most Helpful Answer

Denise, you should have a Coin-type lithium battery CR1220 on the circuit board of your camera. that is your RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and for as long as the battery works, your camera will retain it's settings. Including Time and date. When this battery does no longer work, you will lose the settings and have to reset it every time you start your camera. I would suggest to replace the battery. Hope this helps, good luck.

How do I access the circuit board?

I'm having the same issue but when it won't let me view my pictures. The screen just stays on the set time/date and won't let me do anything . Help!

I have the same issue. I update the date but it will not save it and will not allow me to take a picture. I have had this camera for years......never heard of coin type lithium battery (old turkey 03, above). I have fresh AA batteries installed. I am technically challenged. Help

Denise will be eternally grateful.