A 10.1-Inch Tablet, Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean) manufactured by ASUS in 2013.

Asus tablet not charging

My ASUS ME302C tablet stopped charging the battery 2-3 weeks back. Tried various tricks but nothing worked. Finally now i am able to charge my battery by jump-start method. I removed the battery, cut the mobile charger wire, directly attached the charger wires to battery for 2 hours. This way my battery got good 40% charge. Then i put it back in tablet. And tablet worked fine.

Now the problem is the regular chargers are not charging the battery. It show the charging symbol but battery %age never goes up. Tried various adapters, wall sockets, PC/laptop nothing works.

I installed one app (current widget-battery monitor) to check battery current and found strange behavior. As soon as i put the charger (any charger) to the tablet, the current value shows 0mA, otherwise it shows 500-600mA 3.8V on 17% charge.

I think, my battery is fine as i am able to charge it with jump-start method. Also battery drains/performs normally.

Also USB Charging port should be good too (not sure on this), as i am able to transfer data through usb from tablet to computer. Plus charging symbol also shows up on tablet when the charger is plugged in.

So what is wrong, what is causing the current to read 0mA (no current) when i put the tablet to charging?

25Jan 2016 Same problem. Battery not charging when tablet (AsusT100) is open. Seems to charge when tablet closed/switched off.

Out of 6 cables only the 1 ft asus cable charges it. ASUS T101H bought June 2017. I attached an extension (Male usb to Female) to short asus cable and that works.

Thanks Dan for suggestion!

Could you please describe in more detail, i couldn't follow it.

Most Helpful Answer

Try disconnecting the battery and testing the current coming in from the charger at the battery connector. Wouldn't hurt to try different chargers and cables also try flexing the outlet while testing .You can sometimes have a usb port that will connect to the computer and still not charge if you've ever re-soldered one of those usb connectors you know there's usually 10 pins if any one of those pins are not properly soldered down or if they've cracked or lifted it will only partially work. I'm going to guess that your missing the ground. Hope this helps

BTW it doesn't sound like a battery issue

I second this diagnosis. Most likely a disconnected pin on the usb connector NOT the battery.

Get a Hardware Fix: take out the battery and replace it.

Jim, Eric - many thanks; I will give this a try.

I've found that the tablet is particular to a special charger. I've bought brand new Samsung chargers, both Fast and regular, and none charge it. It only charges with the cord it came with.

Ripan will be eternally grateful.