Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

What can I do about a scratched camera lens on iPhone 4?

Whenever I take pictures with the back camera on my iPhone 4 the pictures are very foggy. I can see scratches when I look at my lens. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what I could do to remove the scratches and whether or not I can fix it myself.

Check my answer. The easiest and quickest method. :)

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Luke,

The easiest, quickest and probably the cheapest solution would be to replace your back glass.

Like Eric said, if you are looking at the back of the iPhone without opening it, and that's where you see the scratches, use this guide to replace this part (be careful to pick the right color).

iPhone 4 Blank Rear Glass Panel (GSM/AT&T) Image

I have the same issue. But I got a trick. It didn't solve the issue but it's now barely different.

I put a transparent "scotch" tape on the lense glass. That was now amazingly fine quality photo shooter then before. You must try this before paying even a penny.

This worked Great! Thank You

of couse,you can fix it yourself

Cover the entire scratched lens with Vaseline by the help of your finger. Gently wipe off the Vaseline with a microfiber cloth. Make sure your finger and the microfiber cloth are clean. Apply some screen polisher or scratch remover to the scratched camera

Luke walker will be eternally grateful.