Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for the first generation Grand Cherokee ZJ, an upscale mid-size SUV built by Chrysler's Jeep division.

rough idle during warm up

so here is my problem their is a small exhaust leak but idont beleive that is the problem once jeep warms up it runssmooth but every once in a while it bucks a little bit at 60 mph after warmed up

im leaning on plugs wirse cap and rotor because it also smells like its running rich even though their is a small exhaust leak near botom of maifold also could be causing a back pressure problem i am not ase cert but do you think my dynos are accurate thank you

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

This could be the camshaft sensor, the engine computer, or something else. If it is the computer, newer ones (probably starting in 1996?) you can kind of fix solder joints on and it might fix it, older ones have the main board covered in potting compound and really can't be worked on. Either way you can try to outright replace it. But it might be easier to check the camshaft sensor first. I'm not an expert I will admit, and my Jeep still seems to have issues after replacing both, but these are solutions that have worked for other people.

jeepinit6911 will be eternally grateful.