Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Why my cover for my xbox one not going back on?

I had to remove my cover to get to my fan to remove a chain after doing the hard part I can't do the easy part of putting cover back on Xbox. Is there a trick to putting it on because I don't seem to get?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes, there is a trick to it. The trick for me is to explain it!

When I re install the covers on these I put the front of the cover in and make sure it all aligns and I keep my hand on the front of the console while I do the next step.

The next thing to do is to put the console up on it's side with the on/off button up in the air. If you look in the corner closest to the on/off button you will see a pretty long plastic piece that has to go into a slot in the side of the case. At first it will seem almost impossible to get that into the slot while keeping the front of the case aligned, but it can be done. You have to flex the case quite a bit and pull back on it to get that plastic piece into the slot while keeping the front of the console aligned and inserted into it's slots but it can be done and this is the easiest way that I have found to do it.

I hope this helps. It's hard to explain, but I hope it makes sense.

lol you directions where all i needed, like 10 min after i read this i was able to put it back togeather after struggling for hours, but my eject button doesnt work XD the ribbon cable is plugged in.... RIP its cool all my games are digital and xbox one has a manual eject anyway

I'm glad that helped! The ribbon cable is probably just damaged. If you ever want it fixed I can fix it. But if it works as is then just go with it!

Glad to hear that my answer helped!

So do you fix games that are water damage i sent it to Microsoft but the sent it back to me what can i do i know water only got one the RF module

We can certainly take a look at it for you. While there is no way to guarantee that we can fix it without seeing it, if the only problem is the WiFi card that shouldn't be a problem at all.

For future reference, it's much better for the device, and easier for the person putting it back together to just separate the front panel from the top half of the case. Get the top half snapped into place, then connect the ribbon cable and snap the front panel on, then replace the slide lock and side panel.

colemanscott2083 will be eternally grateful.