The Apple Magic Mouse is a multi-touch mouse manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. It was announced and sold for the first time on October 20, 2009.

Why Magic Mouse curser does not move?

When i switch on my magic mouse, it stated connected in my mac but the curser is not moving. Button and scroll work well. It seems like the mouse laser is not functioning. Need help.

Hi Azmir, did you solve the issue with your mouse..? I have the same issue, please let me know if you have any recommended solution.

Thank you

Most Helpful Answer

Jan 23, 2013 11:42 AM in response to henryfromgreen cove springs

Had the same problem. Here's the process I went through to getting it working again:

Tried fresh batteries. Clicks worked, but no mouse tracking.

Another set of fresh batteries. The same result.

Tried removing and re-adding the mouse in the Bluetooth Preferences. No difference.

Found a blog post that suggested cleaning the battery contacts. Mine looked nice and shiny, but I scrubbed them anyway. Still no good.

Went into Bluetooth preferences, highlighted the mouse then under the gear menu, clicked "Update Services" then "Monitor Connection RSSI". Monitor Connection RSSI opened a new window with a graph. It took a few seconds for it to start plotting data, but as soon as it did, the mouse began working correctly.

OR

Feb 1, 2013 12:14 AM in response to henryfromgreen cove springs

Delete the extension named USBOverdrive.kext in the extensions folder under \System\Library\Extensions. Restart the computer and it work.

Is there a protective sticker/cover over the laser? (It's not really a laser)

nope. i had been using it for few years and suddenly it cant move. I cant see anything cover the 'laser' part. as it do not have any laser lights like other normal mouse, i do not know what is wrong.

Apparently it is a common problem for these mice to stop sending signal. I found a couple videos, if they do not help then you may just have a bad mouse... But I hope these help!

I would recommend trying these out in the order they are posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlDEVfV...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhqMAxtd...

thanks for the recommendation but it does not work. My Magic Mouse connect well to my mac, it is just that the cursor is not moving. button and scroll work fine. Might be my mouse is broken.

You need to disassemble and put a soldering iron on the laser pinouts. It's worked for me.

azmir will be eternally grateful.