Model A1502 / 2.6 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz) or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz) dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with 4MB shared L3 cache.

How to check heatsink is working ok

my Macbook pro Retina 13 start with fan sound and no boot no sound no keyboard light and cpu heat too much ... if I replace the logicboard it will be ok, how I know that the heat sink is working ok or its sensor it is working ok?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

First I would install a good fan & temp monitoring app. I like this one: Temperature Gauge Pro. IT will give you the details on what is happening with your sensors and the fan it self.

The heat sink (the CPU's heat management) its self is mechanical, so your issues are limited to the three possibilities:

• The thermal paste was not applied correctly, missing or bad.
  • The fan unit is not cooling the heat sinks fins because it has failed or it is fan blades are dirty or the fins are clogged with dust.
  • The liquid within the heat transfer tube has leaked out (if it has liquid) so it is failing to conduct the heat away.

Given the age of your system it should be covered under warranty. I would strongly recommend you get your system into an Apple Store ASAP as you don't want to lose the free warranty repair (logic boards are quite expensive to replace).

Ahmed will be eternally grateful.