The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

sudden death syndrome. how do I replace the emmc chip>?

my galaxy s3 is NOT suck in the loop. it will not turn on or vibrate. i have tried the battery removal i have even removed the mother board. i have tried to plug it in with no battery and all that happens is the red charging light comes on for about 1 min. if the battery is in and i plug it in. no charging light comes on. same goes for the computer. the computer only recognizes it as something plugged in but it will not download the drivers. also tried to get them off of samsung no luck. i have done a lot of research and have found that maybe the emmc chip is the problem BUT i need to know what that chip is for? will it help with my problem? and how hard is it to replace? i just want my numbers that i didnt back up and some texts if possible

brent, the eMMC chip in theory is what controls your Internal Data Partition. Anything to do with writing (and ultimately accessing) data from your internal partition is going to involve this chip. This is a BGA Ic and as such you would have to do a reball to replace it. Pretty difficult task for the normal DIY'er. take a look on here for an idea of what it entails. Hope this helps, good luck.

if that were the problem and I change that chip out would I be able to access my numbers and all the information on my phone or does it go with that chip

put it in the freezer at anywhere between -12 to -35 degree CELSIUS about 10 minutes then put to charge it WILL charge,same to boot up!

brent will be eternally grateful.