Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

How to access vent light button assembly to reattach button assembly?

I have a kenmore elite microwave hood combination model 790.8037. Vent and light button assembly detached from front of microwave. The button assembly fell behind the face of the appliance. How can I take face of microwave off so I can reattach to face?

Were you ever able to fix this? Our vent light button assembly just fell in. I haven't had luck finding directions for taking apart the front face or buying replacement parts. As best I can tell, Sears recommends buying and replacing the entire control panel assembly (Part #: 5304491493 $263, plus labor).

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-nu...

Just unscrew the bottom of the hood and take it off. You can the reach behind where the buttons are and tape them back on or glue them.

I removed bottom of the hood but still can't access the vent and light button to reattach.

You should be able to see the buttons inside. You will have to glue them back with super glue.

I did end up fixing it with super glue. Had to slide the whole panel up and pop it out so I could get underneath and re-attach the button assembly.

David Hadley will be eternally grateful.