The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Touchscreen randomly not functioning after unlocking?

I replaced my iPhone screen today, however I am having some issues with the touchscreen.

When I am using the phone, the screen stays responsive and runs with no issues. However, if I lock my phone and wait for 20 seconds or so, the touchscreen will indefinitely not work upon unlocking the device-despite the actual LCD still functioning perfectly.

However, if I lock and then unlock my phone again immediately after this, the touchscreen will work perfectly without any issues; until I leave the phone locked for another 20 seconds etc...

So far I have reconnected all the flex cables between my new screen and the phone twice (no difference seems to be made) and I have done a hard/soft restart and a reset of my phone.

I hope that anyone could shed any light on this being either a software or hardware issue; as although it seems to be software related, this problem only occured after replacing the screen. No movement of the phone is needed for the touch screen to work/stop working, which just generally confuses me!

Thanks very much in advance for any answers! (:

(Sorry about my avatar... linked to my gaming accounts!)

Did anybody find any solution for this? I am having the exact same issue after replacing the screen.

Hello , Does anyone has solution to this problem? I am having exact same issue after replacing the screen.

Most Helpful Answer

It's a faulty screen seen this issue before

I've seen this problem once, faulty LCD.

Confirm by using your old LCD to test

I have the same problem with my iphone 5 after replacing battery..

hey Matt, how did you resolve your issue?

put your phone battery to drain to zero... and then put it on charge after sometime .......... it works for me

Matt will be eternally grateful.