Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Replaced old battery with new one, power drains too fast

Hello everyone, I am wondering if anybody has had the same problem with their new batteries. I followed the instructions to replace the old battery of my old MBP 2011 with a new one and the battery seems to drains way too fast, almost down to zero within an hour or two. Current mAh of the new battery installed is at 7323, health is 101% and all of apps and utilities observed are not using significant power. Wondering if there is a need to calibrate or if there is another issue going on that any of you can help with.

to recap:

- replaced old battery with new one

- new battery is healthy

- new battery drains way way too fast.

I am having the same issue on my mid 2009 MBP: I have replaced the battery with a new OEM battery from ifixit. I allowed the new battery to charge to capacity and then let it continue to charge for about 10hrs. I then fully drained and then fully charged it again. The battery is draining at a very fast rate and seems to have around a 4hr life (according to the indicator on the menu bar) with light use when fully charged. I have reset the PRAM and SMC to no avail... Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

I am having the same issue. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch mid 2010.

Just replaced the old battery due to battery notification stating service needed. Now the new battery will jump from 100% to 3% in a matter of minutes.

I reset the SMC and it seems to have made it drain even faster. The battery condition states it is normal. So I don't believe the battery is the issue. I also bought a new power adapter to ensure it was not at fault. That works perfectly on a friends Mac and my own.

Unsure what to at this point so I will be taking it to the genius bar.

I am having the same issue with my Macbook Pro 2011. Replaced the battery and it is still draining fast, just like before.

Hello. I have same problem! Just bought new battery from ensogo.co.th but it drain so fast... around 1 hour. Somebody find solution?

Most Helpful Answer

After changing the battery do an SMC reset.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it accepted.

SMC, NVRAM/ PRAM all reset, still doing the same thing, draining too fast. currently going from 84 percent to 75 percent within 1 minute, and still draining.

Cwong4 will be eternally grateful.