0

sportsrocks213
1

Why is my screen dim?

Hello

I recently repaired an iPhone 3GS. When I had connected the last of the ribbon cables, i turned the phone on. It worked, but it was extremely dim (practically black). I managed to make it to settings and adjust the brightness, but neither sliding it all the way up or all the way down had any effect. Then, when i disconnected the display and tried to connect it again, nothing was displayed at all! What could this be?

I was replacing both the LCD and the glass.

Edited by: Walter Galan ( ) , sportsrocks213 ( )

2

Ben Eisenman

It sounds to me like a backlight issue. What were you originally repairing on it?

First, double-check the connectors.

Then, I would replace the Display first. If this does not fix the problem, signs point to the logic board, unfortunately.

0

Apple Pie Repair
115

it could be a bad lcd chip on the logic board. it happens a lot with liquid damaged phones. if a new lcd does not work then i would believe the chip would need to be replaced. no guarantee. it's extremely difficult to solder something that small, but we're champs at it here.

Edited by: Taylor Arnicar ( )

0

Tommy Yeah
1

I think you can check the 6R8 coil,most of the backlight issue was caused by this item

0

chet
1

Same issue I got.Only difference is My LCD is still working with only exception of very dim screen. Any fix to this issue? Please let us know if you got it fixed.

Edited by: chet ( )