The third-generation Ram was unveiled on February 7, 2001 at the 2001 Chicago Auto Show. This was a major update including an all new frame, suspension, powertrains, interiors, and sheet metal.

Dodge ram 1500 2007 brake light and turn signals not working

I have a Dodge ram 1500 2007 yesterday my brakelights and turn signal stopped working I have changed the bulbs checked the fuses the tail lights work also the third llight is working front turn signals blinking fast.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

There's most likely a short in the wiring at the rear of the vehicle. Trace the wiring on both sides from the bulbs towards the cab. It's likely very near the bulbs. There'll be a damaged wire most likely that's shorted to the body of the truck. A quick way of narrowing down the area is to put something on the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on and then shake the wiring harnesses. See which one causes the light to flash on. That'll be the culprit

I have the same Proverbs somebody tell me how to fix

Had this problem still don't know how to fix it! But, what I ended up doing is transferring the tail lights to the trailer connector. This was over 7 years ago and it's still hooked up that way. If you figure out another way please let me know!

Joe

I have the same thing. I have power at my trailer connector, but no blinkers or brake ...how do I wire the trailer connectir into the blinkers?

I had to re-flash my pcm, $176.00 for me. Good Luck.

Are you serious! That's crazy to have to do that to fix a simple light circuit. I'll never buy another Dodge again as long as I live.

Joe

What about bypassing the PCM? is there any reason why not to? Auto manufactures do some crazy stuff just to drive us all crazy!

If your brake lights and turn signals are not working but the third brake light is working I would go with Nope's answer and check the wiring for a broken/bad wire.

I was going to say check the brake switch but since the third light is working there is nothing wrong with the switch.

I will stick with a broken wire more than likely under the bed at the very back. This is where I have always found the wires to be broken.

I’ve had the same problem, 4 or 5 times at this point. Every time I have my mechanic plug in his tool into the OBDII port. I think he just clears the codes that come up and they work again. From what I understand, they made these trucks to where fuses don’t protect most of these circuits. Instead, they made the computer in charge of the fuses job, shutting off the circuit when it detects a problem. I’ve also read elsewhere that replacing the TIPM would fix this, but that’s an expensive fix. Anyone that knows anymore please help, I’m tired of it being Friday night and no place is open so then I don’t have lights for the weekend. This effectively disabled my truck!

I have 2002 Ram 1500 Sport my tail light work but my brake light doesn't how do I repair that

richwash1958 will be eternally grateful.