Is my iPod nano fried or can it be repaired?

My husband accidentally washed my iPod nano. I let it dry for several. I was only able to turn it on by plugging into charger. It had a white screen and you can barely see the forward arrows at the bottom right corner of display. I tried the rice trick several days but it still had the white screen with forward arrows. I then tried opening and cleaning inside iPod nano with 91% alcohol. There were no signs of damage, corrosion, or burnt components. After reassembling was only able to turn on by charger. It flashed white a couple times then went black. I tried plugging in my computer, but it did not detect my iPod nano, and neither did iTunes. Is my iPod nano repairable or is it fried?

I'm sorry, but you most likely have a dead Nano on your hands. Once things like that get washed, they generally have a tough time going back to normal. You could potentially try replacing the display with one that we sell here on iFixit. However, since your computer is not detecting it, that means there are more problems than just the display. It's a problem with the logic board itself, which we do not sell for this model.

if it went through the dryer as well as the washer then it cooked the battery and must be replaced. theres a place in nevada that can do it if you live in nevada if you don't then you'll just have to replace the device with another one

Barb Thompson will be eternally grateful.