Repair and support for the controllers that shipped with the PS3. Released mid 2008, the six-axis lithium battery powered controller (CECHZC2) is straightforward to repair.

X O Triangle and Square buttons not working‏

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my PS3 controller, all X O Triangle and Square buttons are not working. I have taken the unit apart, placed tape between the ribbon as advised elsewhere, but still these buttons simply don't work. The select PS and start buttons are fine however along with the D pad.

Could anyone please advise on how this issue can be fixed?

Regards,

Oliver

i have tried resetting the controller through the pin hole on the controller, but it just return to normal. still have problem, however will try to clean it

Most Helpful Answer

Did you reset the controller? There is a small pin hole on the back of the controller.

Andrew,

I have reset the unit already yes, but an still experiencing the same problem.

Cheers

Oliver

I am having the same problems it feel as if it has a faulty response , maybe damaged motherboard or maybe it got wet idk because i let a friend borrow my dualshock for a few days.

go to game stop and mabe its something wrong with either the buttons (faulty buttons) or the mother board has some loose solder to the buttons

I am having the exact same problem. I don't have a solution, but at least we have the exact same problem which means it's a repeating phenomena.

One more here! X button stuck. I've opened and replace the membrane board but the problem still. I must be something with the hard circuit board.

Try putting some rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip or Toilet paper and rubbing it on the contacts on the motherboard. Normally what happens is over time the conductive material on the back of the membrane rubs off on the contacts creating a barrier preventing the membrane from making contact. Try that and see if it works.

I have checked the diagram and these buttons along with R1 and R2 are paired up with a common pin and a resistor, I have the same problem and will try to figure out where is this resistor located and try to change it, will post if succed.

I have problem with my triangle button. One morning when I was going to play GOW I saw water all over my controller and nobody knows how it happens and I was like

the only buttons that work for me is the os button and the left analog i need help

Oliver will be eternally grateful.