A tablet released by Toshiba in July 2011, identified by model number AT105-T1032.

Why is my Thrive not charging?

I have tried everything from buying a new charger to replacing the battery, but nothing works. What could the problem be?

I have been having the same issue, though just yesterday I turned on the tablet and it was charged. I have quite a lot of Apps, and I began to wonder if low disk space could interfere with some software aspect of the charging/battery monitor process.

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like you have a possible charging port issue. Try replacing your charging port using the charging port replacement guide.

If you can find the stand. you can test to see if it is the charge port. The stand has a power adapter port built in. It has to be the stand with the HDMI port in it. I have found the batteries really need a power save app.

There is a resistor, possibly being used as a fuse, that goes out on most of these units. Replacing the resistor seems to solve the problem. If you can power / charge the tablet from the dock but not from the charge port, it is probably because of this resistor, rather than the charging port itself. I have repaired hundreds of these tablets with this issue. If requested, I will try to post a photo of the resistor in question.

Could you post a picture of this resistor and how to fix it? Thanks

Please post picture of resistor location for charger port for the thrive tablet, thankyou

Please point out resistor that acts as a fuse on power port board, this is for a Toshiba Thrive tablet.

thank you.

Kason will be eternally grateful.