The Kindle Fire HD 8.9” is a tablet computer that allows users to read books, view comics, watch movies and find general entertainment at a mid-range price. Fixes are simple and do not require any special tools.

How do you factory reset with hard keys?

I tried turning on and holding the power button but it just freezes every time. I cannot navigate the menu system and I tried opening the device and looking for a hard key reset button.

Hello John!

What do you mean my "Hard Keys"?

Most Helpful Answer

Hello John!

Hold the power button, and the volume down button at the same time. This should cover the Amazon Boot Recovery. With this you have several options concerning on internal commands. You want to reset. Scroll down to the option that allows you to reset your device. This choice is very important. Think about your choice, and then select the "Yes" answer. There are so many text lines, to confirm that you actually want to reset your Kindle. It is really easy to restore.

No luck here. It's still frozen with the Amazon logo.

Try doing it with volume up. This will for sure give you the same options.

John will be eternally grateful.