Repair manuals and support for cars and trucks manufactured by Chevrolet.

Transmission problems and rpm on 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT?

When I'm driving my car its like it stalls when its time to take off. I tried putting it in park at every stop and it helps a little for a smoother take off. I noticed that I didn't have these problems unless I put a little transmission fluid into my car (that's what my neighbor suggested). Its been at least a few weeks now the problem is back. The rpm also jumps when I accelerate. In need of some serious help my car is starting to freak me out.

My engine light came on and it said no malfunction transmission

What makes my 2010 chevy cobalt not go in reverse

Most Helpful Answer

my 2010 chevy cobolt shifts back and forth at 35-40 mph is their and additive that I can add that would help with this problem. it has been doing this for at least 50,000 miles.

Did either of you figure out the problem ? My 2010 cobalt is doing exactly as described above

An auto transmission receives 100% of the motor's drive through a part called the torque converter. This devices basically pushes transmission fluid from a spinning part on the engine side, to the other part that connects to the auto box. If you have no transmission fluid, you have no way to transfer that torque. If you are low, well it makes the job a lot harder. Auto transmissions also have lots of internal piping, when selecting park or drive or reverse, all sorts of valves open and close inside to divert the fluid to different parts of the box. When you stick it in park, it might free up some fluid in the box, that allows more to flow into the torque converter just to get you going.

You say that when you accelerate the rpm's jump up. This very much sounds like low transmission fluid. You need to seriously check the fluid level, and make sure there are no leaks (as it sounds like you have a leak for it to have come out). Check the level, if it's low, add in more. The car might have to be running when you check it, refer to the owners manual for the correct procedure.

The transmission fluid will have two pipes coming out of it going towards the radiator. check those pips for wear, as well as the lower portion of the radiator where the transmission cooler is (most likely part of the engine radiator).

I have a 2000 Silverado with a el60 I installed tranny and don't think the torque converter was seated it went back together but the truck didn't move can I pull tranny back cnough to seat torque converter and should it be ok

I have a 2010 Cobalt automatic and when vehicle shift from 3rd to 4th there is a slight jerk. Does anhyone know what this could be?

I jumped my 2010 Cobalt and now my traction control light is on and it will not go out of first gear and

My check engine light came on how do I fix this problem

I have a 2005 chevy cobalt ls that kicks when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and will not shift from 2nd gear tothird at all regardless the rpm…. I am researching now before i order parts to try and fix it and am just wandering if anyone else has experienced this n could help me to figure out my best course of action to take…. Thank you for your time

Bri will be eternally grateful.