The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

ps3 Bd drive replacement vs remarry

my ps3 slim bluray drive is not reading blurays. It reads dvds without an issue.

So just replacing the bluray drive with the correct model will help?

Or is it necessary to remarry the drive? Please help.

thanx. I am kind of lazy so am thinking of swapping the whole drive. Dont want to open it. That being said, my question is, is it adequate to replace the BD drive with the correct model? Or should i remarry the drive after swapping? Forgive me if this is a silly question. I am kind of a novice in these things.

First you can try to clean the laser lens. This manual is for a different device, but the operation is similar (the PS3 laser unit have 2x lens).

Laser Lens Cleaning

After this, you must to change the laser lens unit.

Regards.

thanx. I cleaned the laser and it worked. reading BDs without an issue.

hi yes this can be resolved by removing the blue ray drive and replacing

the laser. serial number must match.when i inspect i make sure the drive is in the eject position so puting together dont go wrong ive learned before lol.

sorry but to get the serial number, you need to separate the drive to make sure you order the correct laser.

you can also buy the complete laser and deck for ease of replacement just make sure the numbers match.

if you just want to replace the whole drive remove the circuit board from the old bl drive and apply to the new drive.tho double check numbers match there are different variations.

cleaned the laser and worked for me. thanx

Anish Thomas will be eternally grateful.