1

Steven
13

Home button is stuck in pressed position

I have an iPod Touch where the Home button is stuck in the pressed down position. The device still works normal though but it's annoying because I have press the button hard every time I want to return to the Home screen.

I was wondering if there is a way to 'unstuck' the button.

Steven.

1

Nick

What you need to do to fix this is remove the front glass and reseat the button. Just be careful doing this on 4th gen iPod Touches since the top and bottom are both held on with glue. The 5th gen touch is only glued on the bottom. Failure to unglue the top and bottom on the 4th gen will result in busted glass and a new display assembly will be needed.

Edited by: Nick ( )

How do you remove the glass.?

Steven,

just take apart the the whole iPod Touch and heat it u with a hairdryer or heatgun to remove the glass

Nick,

0

Kaitlin
1

First the home button i had to press hard and now it doesn't work at all. Is there anyway I can fix it without buying a whole new one or it costing a lot of money. It's in great shape and I haven't had any other problems with it.

0

fryarludwig
717

You don't specify which model you have. That makes a big difference as to how to fix it. If you have the 2nd or 3rd generation I'd just recommend you buy a whole new front. You'll get a brand new scratchless screen, and it costs $10. It can be done in 15 minutes by someone experienced, or in 45 minutes if you've never done it before.

If you don't want to take it apart you might try getting an X-acto knife (http://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Series-Knif...) and working around the edges of the button to try to get it to pop back up. But if something is damaged inside it might be better to replace the button itself or just replace the whole front.