Black and silver single cup coffee maker with water reservoir on the left hand side.

water leaking out of bottom

I just purchased this and it leaks all the water out all over the counter, any idea how to fix. I don't know exactly where it leaks but it empties out at night when I leave water in it.

Mine leaks from the bottom as well. Not sure what is causing this. I've had it for almost 2 years.

Mine leaked whenever the reservoir was on it whether powered on or off. The reservoir itself wasn't leaking when standing apart so I figured it had to be something to do with the connection of the water tank to the base of the unit. I took off the bottom then removed the part in the base where the reservoir nipple goes into. I saw there was a tiny tear in the silicone right where the nipple of the tank goes in. I thought about how to fix this but with what I had on hand ended up using the tiniest drop of super-glue to hold that 2mm. tear together. That seemed fixed. I decided to use just a bit of vaseline to lubricate this piece as well as the nipple of the reservoir.I just made the first cup of coffee since this repair an hour ago and all is well. Before repair this would have been enough time for water to have run onto my counter then onto the floor. I'm keeping an eye on it, but whatever the case my issue with leakage is clearly due to this seal/connection where the tank goes onto the base of the unit.

I have an issue where water is back flowing from the pump when I remove the reservoir. All seals are good and there is no water inside the base of the unit. Any ideas?

Is it not possible to purchase a new part, like an O-ring, or little seal or gasket, whatever it is that is making our K40 unit leak out the bottom of the reservoir? If so please someone tell me how to find them, i'm not having any luck so far.

Check eB**. (You know, the auction site). A lot of people buy up broken machines and harvest the part. The part referred to earlier was available for just over $10, shipping and all.

Most Helpful Answer

The silicone receiver that joins the water tank is the culprit of the leak. I used, "Oatey Silicon Grease" to restore the silicon seal. Available at many good DIY stores for under $3.

Place a dab of the grease (nasty sticky stuff, but food grade quality) on the water tank feed, where it mounts to the coffee maker. Remove the water tank and reinsert a couple of times to spread the grease.

Fill her up, put the pot on a dry surface and check for leaks.

That should've done it.

The silicon isn't actually broken, but wears at the point the water tank is attached. Silicon seals should be regreased annually to preserve their sealing characteristics.

This was the ticket. My o-ring wasn't leaking at all. This makes lots of sense when you read the package. The Oatey Silicone Grease is $3.38 at Lowe's in my area as of now. Still a ton cheaper than a new Keurig.

This whole idea is silly to suggest. My family and I have a few of these, two leak and are less than a year old, and we don't ever remove the reservoir, so how did the gasket wear out? Besides... that gasket is silicone and would take years and years to wear out if ever.

My Keurig B60 water reservoir was leaking at the bottom, due to a bad o-ring . I replaced this o-ring with a part from Ace Hardware, (#42 O-RING ,P/N 9D0035756B ) which fixed my leak

Had mine also for about 2 years and it started to leak from the bottom as well as a few friends of mine. Took the bottom off and checked all hoses. Pulled the zip ties a little tighter but it still leaked. Upon further inspection and running water through it with the bottom off looking up from a glass table, the leak comes from where the water tank mounts to the base. When the bottom of the water tank gets pushed into the base of the unit, it pushes into a valve which goes into the pump. This valve has a seal which can be seen from the top looking down. This is where the water usually leaks from.

Parts can be ordered straight from Keurig.

how to repair leaking keurig coffeemaker

If your item is new and it is under warranty then you better take it to the place where you bought it from.

if it is not under warranty then you need to open the coffee machine and check the water tank inspect it clearly make sure it is not damaged, if you find it good then look for the hose connection from the water tank to the heater.

Try this and let me know if you have more problem.

Ashwin

ok what is involed in takeing iy apart

n2wjr07, is your Keurig Leaking? Where is it leaking from?

If you have just purchased it, then its best for you to claim it for warranty if not then I can still guide you how to investigate your coffee maker regarding the leakage.

First check the warranty before attempting repairs on the unit voiding warranty.

OK, i have looked at the problem and am pretty sure of the culprit. Again is it possible to find the correct parts for my K40. If you know of a place please could you direct me in the right direction. Scott

Call keurig directly. They have an amazing customer service. I called for a problem I was having and they told me they would ship out a brand new machine! All I had to do was put my old one in the box and ship it back. I didn't even pay postage. They were so helpful and apologetic the whole time. They really want to keep their customers happy. Good luck!

Mine leaked also and I agree that there are no parts available online. When I took mine apart and found that the seal was bad where the tank and goes in, all you have to do is go to the auto parts store with your seal and have the person matchup a seal for you. This work perfect for me.

mjsbmw will be eternally grateful.