Repair guides and support for coffee makers by Keurig including the K-Cup systems.

Keurig 2.0 will not dispense water and make cofee

it lights up and sounds like its going to dispense water but only a few drops come out

Mine does this but the screen says preheating.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Nancy,

Is there water in the reservoir? Are there any other indicators on your coffee maker?

I have a Keurig 2.0 K500 and had the same issue but it is very very easy to fix! The part that you need came with the machine its in a small plastic bag and is orange with a clear plastic bubble on the bottom and also in the bag is a small piece of paper that shows how to clean the needle and unplug your machine. Good Luck!

Thanks! Saved me another $250 was about ready to go buy a new one. Forgot I even had the orange thing.

I have a different model, but the water reservoir is in the same location. After four years of no problems, the water output kept diminishing until it totally stopped. I searched for a remedy, but found none that worked.

You may consider this a little inconvenient, but it works perfectly for my Keurig.

When starting the process, remove the top of the water reservoir. After pressing the flashing blue light, the sound from the unit changes after about 2 or 3 seconds and when this happens, hold the tip of a finger over the nylon drain tube until the brew cycle ends. For some unknown reason, the air flow is expelled through this outlet, instead of forcing the hot water to make the coffee. Blocking the air forces the internal pressure to expel the hot water as it was intended to do. As long as this works, I will delay purchasing another unit.

Chuck Dimmitt

Works Just like you said....

Betting there is an issue with the pump??? May disassemble mine and give it a good cleaning

Thank for the info

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like your Keurig is clogged. Try running a cup of white vinegar and water through it. You might also use a paper clip to clean out the spout and drain.

Hope this helps,

Dante

I had this problem too and thought it was fatal so I bought a new machine. the new machine came with a maintenance accessory (my old one did not!) The problem was simply a clogged needle. After clearing the needle with the maintenance item, the old unit worked as new. There was no hint of this accessory anywhere so was unaware of the clogging potential easily solved with the "maintenance accessory" that did not come with my original machine Shame on Keurig. Now I have two coffee makers!

the clog was coffee grounds, not from hard water deposits.

Mine had the same problem and Keurig said the first 2.0 models didn't come with the needle cleaner. She told me to use an open paper clip to clean it out. But it still doesn't dispense more than 2 oz. of water after cleaning it 6 times. And to think that when we received this model as a present, we gave away an original Keurig that never had this issue or required me to stand for hours pushing the button to get the descale solution and then distilled water through to clean it.

I also was experiencing the same issue. We did not have the maintenance kit either. So, because I was not getting ANY action from the spout, I took the machine to the garage and blew, and blew and blew my compressor blower nozzle into the needle jet. After several attempts, HOT water started squirting out. My was definitely clogged behind the norm I'm suspecting, guess I'll just descale it again at this point. But to have some flow again and the compressor is encouraging.

nancy martin will be eternally grateful.