An expansive variety of repair guides for electronic gear, ranging from home and car audio to calculators.

F60 error on Panasonic DVD recorder

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES40V VCR/DVD Recorder that suddenly will not start up. After the 000000's finish cycling when I plug it in, it gives a F60 error code and won't do anything else. No power light, no fan noise, etc. I have tried the reset options in the user manual, to no avail. Googling the issue seems to point to a video issue, but no one can tell me specifically what. If anyone can help me isolate the problem, I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Not only do I get an F60 error I have the VHS tape only half way lowered.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Ron, F60 is a general error code usually related to a failure on the video processing board. You could fix this by just replacing that board. Try to place it in standby mode first by unplugging it, wait a couple of minutes and then plug it back in. When the 000000's starts, hold down the power button for 15-20seconds. The unit should then be in standby mode. From this mode try to start it normally using the power button and see if it cleared the error. You could also try a complete reset by powering the unit off and press and hold the "Stop" and "Channel Up" buttons at the same time for a few seconds while powering the unit up. Hope this helps, good luck.

Upgrade

The board in question is listed as the Digital PCB and it is the small board with the onboard HDMI port

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the "reset" options and nothing helps. It won't go into Standby and the Stop/Channel Up makes no difference. I do understand the F60 error is generally related to the video processing board, but I have found no reference to which board that is in the DMR-ES40V unit. There are two large PCBs and two small ones. ???

I tried your suggestion. It didn't work for me because my problem is mechanical. I found a great video on You Tube that shows what to look for on the circuit board if the error code will not clear and the machine will not start. It appears there are a couple blown capacitors, as evidenced by the humped up top on the blown capacitors, on my board that I will replace and we will see what happens.

where can you find replacement parts for boards and capacitors?

Thanks for the suggestion. hopefully, it will help Pat with a similar issue. Since I never received a response from this post last year, I recycled the device. But thank you for the response, it may be of help in the future.

Ron

Great insight, oldturkey! I hope to replace this board. Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Answer

I have found that replacing the leaking capacitors on the video board solves the problem on the dmr es40v. I have successfully repaired several. I have found as many as 4 and as few as 2 bad capacitors on each board. They are easy to find. They'll be the ones with bulging tops. Capacitors can be purchased cheaply online.

Randy

Thanks - I had a problem with my unit cycling through the 00000's. Checked the caps - sure enough there was one bad one. Replaced this and it got further, still have an F04 issue but was able to play from one VCR, feed it into this one and make a DVD.

Thanks for the capacitor info.

My unit had 5 bad cap's. Three 1,000's, one 680, one 560. Got my cap's at Mouser's. Unit works fine now.

I ordered from Mouser also. one 1600uF, and one 560uF. Thanks for the reference. Replaced them and it is working like new.

I was wondering if you could share the part # of the capacitors that you bought from Mouser's

Many thanks about the bad capacitors.

I found 3 bad electrolytic capacitors in my unit. Purchased them at a local surplus store and installed them.

Unit works fine now.

JC in Palm Bay

I had 2 bad capacitors in my EZ 475V . Replaced them and it is working like new.

I checked and had 2 bad capacitors. Could just see them bulging. One 1600uF, and one 560uF. Thanks for the reference above, I ordered from Mouser. Replaced them and it is working like new.

do you happen to remember the part #'s on the capacitors from Mouser's? I know I need a 560uf & 1000uf, just making sure I order the right ones

EEU-FMOJ122

1200UF 6.3V

Mouser: 667-EEU- FMOJ122

EEU-FC1 C561

560uF 16V

Mouser: 667-EEU- FC1 C561

We have the same problem and we tried resetting it by both methods and the zeros roll for about 10 seconds and then it goes back to the F60 error code. Don't know what to do???

@claquatra you've tried all the steps in the original answer?

If you still have not solved, I think you should take a good hard look for bad capacitors. If you do not know what they look like, take it to a local "TV repair person". It is not difficult but takes a little bit of experience, soldering, etc.

I have a similar problem and now will take a look at the circuit boards and capacitors that may have failed. Should be an easy repair.

Dear Friends, I have the exact same problem in the same equipment!

I have tried all of these procedures!

Unfortunately I have the same unsuccessful results!

...

I think I have to go to some technical support for these capacitors!

:(

I have another problem with the Panasonic DMR-ES40V. I can record a tape but on playback I have no audio. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a DMR-EH75V unit. The error code was F60 and I did a full reset. No F60 code anymore but now the message is HDD error and the DVD keeps opening. Should I look for bad capacitors as well?

Can't hurt. Would be interested to know if it fixed it.

DMR-EH75V: Display had a several days of glitches, U99 error code twice and then F60 error code with final no operation.

Replace 5 electrolytic capacitors by inspection on mentioned board - 1 x 56uF, 50V; 3 x 120uF, 16V; 1 x 560uF, 16V

Unit works, very relieved. I really like these recorders.

Thanks, all.

Thanks for all the suggestions and pointers! I also had the F60 error, and none of the resets resolved the issue. Looking at the PCB, there were clearly 3 bad and one questionable capacitors. I got replacements from Mousers, and was able to remove and solder in the new ones. Unit now works perfectly! I never soldered components on PCB boards before, so this was a first. Honestly, removing the bad components was harder than soldering in the new ones. BTW, i bought an inexpensive soldering kit (for about $20) that included the soldering iron, solder, tweezers, stand, grounding wrist strap, multiple tips; the parts cost $7.50; found a couple of excellent youtube videos on how to solder components on PCB. Took a couple hours all together. Replacing the DMR-ES40V would have cost about $300.

Ron will be eternally grateful.