An expansive variety of repair guides for electronic gear, ranging from home and car audio to calculators.

F60 error on Panasonic DVD recorder

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES40V VCR/DVD Recorder that suddenly will not start up. After the 000000's finish cycling when I plug it in, it gives a F60 error code and won't do anything else. No power light, no fan noise, etc. I have tried the reset options in the user manual, to no avail. Googling the issue seems to point to a video issue, but no one can tell me specifically what. If anyone can help me isolate the problem, I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Not only do I get an F60 error I have the VHS tape only half way lowered.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Ron, F60 is a general error code usually related to a failure on the video processing board. You could fix this by just replacing that board. Try to place it in standby mode first by unplugging it, wait a couple of minutes and then plug it back in. When the 000000's starts, hold down the power button for 15-20seconds. The unit should then be in standby mode. From this mode try to start it normally using the power button and see if it cleared the error. You could also try a complete reset by powering the unit off and press and hold the "Stop" and "Channel Up" buttons at the same time for a few seconds while powering the unit up. Hope this helps, good luck.

Upgrade

The board in question is listed as the Digital PCB and it is the small board with the onboard HDMI port

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the "reset" options and nothing helps. It won't go into Standby and the Stop/Channel Up makes no difference. I do understand the F60 error is generally related to the video processing board, but I have found no reference to which board that is in the DMR-ES40V unit. There are two large PCBs and two small ones. ???

I tried your suggestion. It didn't work for me because my problem is mechanical. I found a great video on You Tube that shows what to look for on the circuit board if the error code will not clear and the machine will not start. It appears there are a couple blown capacitors, as evidenced by the humped up top on the blown capacitors, on my board that I will replace and we will see what happens.

where can you find replacement parts for boards and capacitors?

Thanks for the suggestion. hopefully, it will help Pat with a similar issue. Since I never received a response from this post last year, I recycled the device. But thank you for the response, it may be of help in the future.

Ron

Great insight, oldturkey! I hope to replace this board. Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Answer

I have found that replacing the leaking capacitors on the video board solves the problem on the dmr es40v. I have successfully repaired several. I have found as many as 4 and as few as 2 bad capacitors on each board. They are easy to find. They'll be the ones with bulging tops. Capacitors can be purchased cheaply online.

Randy

Thanks - I had a problem with my unit cycling through the 00000's. Checked the caps - sure enough there was one bad one. Replaced this and it got further, still have an F04 issue but was able to play from one VCR, feed it into this one and make a DVD.

Many thanks about the bad capacitors.

I found 3 bad electrolytic capacitors in my unit. Purchased them at a local surplus store and installed them.

Unit works fine now.

JC in Palm Bay

I had 2 bad capacitors in my EZ 475V . Replaced them and it is working like new.

Thanks for the capacitor info.

My unit had 5 bad cap's. Three 1,000's, one 680, one 560. Got my cap's at Mouser's. Unit works fine now.

I ordered from Mouser also. one 1600uF, and one 560uF. Thanks for the reference. Replaced them and it is working like new.

We have the same problem and we tried resetting it by both methods and the zeros roll for about 10 seconds and then it goes back to the F60 error code. Don't know what to do???

@claquatra you've tried all the steps in the original answer?

If you still have not solved, I think you should take a good hard look for bad capacitors. If you do not know what they look like, take it to a local "TV repair person". It is not difficult but takes a little bit of experience, soldering, etc.

I have a similar problem and now will take a look at the circuit boards and capacitors that may have failed. Should be an easy repair.

Dear Friends, I have the exact same problem in the same equipment!

I have tried all of these procedures!

Unfortunately I have the same unsuccessful results!

...

I think I have to go to some technical support for these capacitors!

:(

I checked and had 2 bad capacitors. Could just see them bulging. One 1600uF, and one 560uF. Thanks for the reference above, I ordered from Mouser. Replaced them and it is working like new.

Ron will be eternally grateful.