Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

681 Questions View all

What is this part?

Block Image

I can't figure out what this part is. I am replacing the upper case on a macbook pro. Look at this guide:

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Early 2011 Upper Case Replacement

In step 36, you can see it. It is under the right speaker and it looks like a flat plate with an antenna wire attached to it. My new case didn't include this part and it doesn't seem to come off of the case.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

That is a ground for the antenna. It should come attached to the top case but can be removed by taking out the small screw that is at the top of it, but it also may be attached with adhesive. (I am a former apple tech and never actually removed it due to it always shipping attached to the new top case.)

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


Thanks plam.


Add a comment

Add your answer

stdonato will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 36