The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

How to fix green/purple screen

I am in the process of a ipad 2 screen repair and I have two brand new lcds. For some reason one displays a tinted green and the other tinted purple, I have tried every method I know to resolve this problem. Now im looking for advice on what causes this issue. Would great if I can resolve this today

Most Helpful Answer

Hello I good smack on the rear case will fix a wonky coloured display..

Same thing happened when I was repairing one today even after a reseed of the connector it was a green screen. So I lifted it up and hit it a smack on the back and normal screen functioned..

Thanks for answering, ill give it a try tomorrow

Cheers keep us updated

Still not working I tried your method. Its not a loose connection or a grounding issue so I'm stuck

If a really hard good smack does not work then it needs opened up and the lcd disconnect and reconnected if still a funny display after that then the lcd has gone bad

I tried 2 lcds. One shows purple and the other shows green. The only thing I haven't tried is to restore the firmware.

Since no answer has been accepted yet, let me share my experience:

A/ First thing I try is disconnect then re-seat the Display Cable on both ends (using this guide): on the logic board and on the LCD. Then secure the connectors with Kapton/Polyamide tape.

B/ I test the contraption by:

1/ Gently re-seating the LCD back in place then flipping it again out of the back-case. In other words, I am causing the display cable to twist slightly and gently, and putting light stress on both connectors, to see if the change in hue occurs again. Please be gentle ;)

2/ Tapping slightly on the back of the iPad, especially around where the display connectors are located.

C/ If steps 1 AND 2 cause absolutely no change or flickering, I re-seal the iPad.

D/ If steps 1 OR 2 cause any kind of change in hue (ever so light) after or any kind of flickering, I change the display cable.

E/ I test again (repeat B)

F/ If steps 1 AND 2 cause absolutely no change or flickering, I re-seal the iPad.

G/ If steps 1 OR 2 cause any kind of change in hue (ever so light) after or any kind of flickering, I change the LCD.

From experience, 95% of cases are resolved without having to change the LCD.

Best you contact iphone service center to solve your issue, if you are lived in Chennai, then you can contact best ipad service center in Chennai for cheap and best services.

For more

[spam]

I went to the Apple Store and they took out my screen

The screen on my Apple IPAD2 changed from blue to pink/purple. Please help me with this problem.

Usually that problem is due to a bad connection of your iPad's LCD, what has to be done is:

- turn off your iPad;

- open your iPad (please watch the repair guide related to it);

- carefully disconnect (on both ends) the flex cable shared by the LCD and the Logic Board;

- carefully reconnect it, make sure it is well connected;

- try turning on your iPad to check that it is working properly.

If not than you should need a new LCD.

Hope it helps :)

matthewlevy300 will be eternally grateful.