Xbox One Kinect. Included with the Xbox One. It has successfully sold over 23 million units around the world.

Kinect is not recognize by console

my xbox one kinect suddenly stopped working and the console can't recognized it.

I tried so many things to solve this problem.

1) I resat the console.

2) I unplugged the kinect then I turn the console off then on then I re-plunged it to console again.

3) I tried it with my friend's xbox-one, but also not working.

Most Helpful Answer

When you bought a new one use that.

Anyway tear down the faulted kinect, check for continuity the thermal fuse in J11 connector. If it's blown replace it.

did you find somewhere that supplies the correct thermal fuse?

No, I didn't. I used a Bimetal Thermostat.

Well where did you find the bimetal thermostat? And what are the specs?

What if I just bypassed it? Hmmmm

Try following this Xbox support guide if you have not already:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/...

However i am not 100% sure this will fix it. If it does not it sounds like you will have to send it off to Microsoft for repair.

You can bypass fuse temporarily just to rule out that it is indeed the fuse. I would advise not keeping it on when your not playing and to also turn the kinect off if you have been playing more than an hour just to alow the unit to cool down. I have ordered the bimetal fuses and am waiting now to test. I will give some feedback soon as well as a video on how to get to it.

I did bypass the fuse j11 and it has been perfect ever since, I bypassed it with some 6amp stranded copper wire to test its functionality.

Once proved that it worked for a few days, I then replaced it with some 1.5mm solid copper core insulated cable to make sure that would never be a weak link again.

It has been perfect, and I use the Kinect daily now, and also heavy duty usage for my own stream twitch casting.

I am an ex-military technical engineer and domestic electrician, I am fully aware of any risks.

It will be fine, besides any faults and your power brick will let you know and at worst your Kinect will just stop working given the minimal current that passes through the j11 fuse (which is tiny)

I can only assume that the j11 fuses that they originally used in the kinects were faulty,

so I would either suggest try to replace with a fuse of the same spec or (at your own risk of breaking your Kinect) just use my method.

I will probably replace it when I get round to it with a correct fuse but until then after 3 months of heavy use and never being shut down, I have total faith in the fix.

Is I said, it is perfect now. :)

Ismaeel will be eternally grateful.