A washer series by Maytag with a low rate of customer satisfaction and a high rate of failure.

stops with an F 51 on the time display

On any setting for wash, the washer will fill and as soon as it does will stop and give a F 51 on the wash display

Mike, F 51 would indicate that the control board is not seeing the proper resistance on the motor circuit . You should check and make sure there are not any articles, stuck between the tubs, or under the agitator. Make sure you're not overloading the machine and that you have proper voltage to the unit. It can also indicate that your rotor position sensor is either not registering or it is just bad. Remove and reinstall the connector at the RPS to clean off any corrosion built up on the connector. After that go ahead and try to run a cycle. If that does not work and you continue to get the same error, replace the RPS sensor. Lots more on here The RPS is #20 in the parts image. Hope this helps, good luck.

How do I get the drum out to see if there is anything under it?

the drum stays put. It is suspended by cables. Just remove the center cover of the agitator with a flat head screwdriver (pops off), remove retaining bolt, and pull up to remove agitator. Wiggle it a bit but itll come off. To access the RPS (position sensor), you need to access the bottom of the machine by propping it up and accessing the area on bottom. Details videos can be found on youtube for the actual replacement.

Can you do this with water and clothes in the washer?

No. Water and clothes have to be removed so you can put the machine on its side to access the bottom.

Got the F:51- Opened her up and lo and behold- Had a small shirt stuck between the two tubs. Thank you!

I did a breakdown of the mvwb300wq1 model . This is what I am dealing with. 1. Got the F51 message that led the whole procedure. 2 removed basket . 3. Took motor assembly apart.

Checked for continuity on rps and. Motor driver, all was good. 4 The large nut at the bottom of shaft was totally lose and just there doing nothing. 5 Then I discovered that the basket was not rotating as it should. It would rotate easily for a short bit and then turn with much difficulty. The elctronics appear to be okay.

John

so did you fix the problem John? Seeing the same issue with my machine.

Yes. The problem was a loose nut on the rotor. After I tightened it it was noisey but ran and I am glad.

Im having the same issue just kinda blank here cant get center piece off

Getting the center removed can be frustrating. Initially it was very tough, but once it lifted out it was easier to do so as I removed it several times. You might try rapping it a bit around the center , but dont give up.

I started getting the dreaded F51 error message and took the advice of removing the center piece, then the retaining bolt and lifting off the agitator. Found a dime. Maybe that will stop the squeaking? Anyway, that didn't help. So, I then tilted the machine so I could look underneath and there it was....a loose screw under the machine on the bottom of the rotor. I tightened it, set the machine upright, put in a small load of clothes as "test" run and I couldn't believe it! That fixed the problem! So happy!

Mike will be eternally grateful.