10.1" Android tablet released in June of 2011. Samsung GT-P7510MA

I forgot my password to unlock my Samsung Galaxy 10.1

I am locked out of my tablet. How do reset to factory default?

what if that doesnt work

This does not work.

This procedure did not work for me. Any other recommendations?

Will it delete all of my stuff

I want to know this too .. photos, documents. ?.etc ...NOBODY answers that question

NOTE: You may have to wait 30 seconds-1 minute when performing each step.

If you don't want to lose DATA there may be a "Forgot password?" option in which case google will reset the password via your email. If this option is not there then follow these steps.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps (you will lose everything):

1. Turn the power off.

2. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.

3. When the start up screen show (Samsung logo displays on the screen), release all the buttons.

4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset", select with Power button

5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"

6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"

• Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.

7. Select "reboot system now"

• Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

What if their is no data reset ?

Awesome, my tablet has been locked for about 2 years, finally googled this and its the first thing that popped up in info and it worked! Thx so much, this made my day for sure!!! #sohappy

Didn't work for me x

I have galaxy note tab 1 10.1

i tried to reset by doing the down volume button and power button and it will appear on screen the warning for os custom then stock on that, nothing follows. What i will have to do? Please help...

Oh my god Sarah Mai, you saved my life thank you so much i am eternally grateful this will not be forgotten thank you for helping me

Press Power Botton and Volume Down Button Together

it is so nice

is there a way to do this without loosing everything that you have on there

I tried the volume up and power buttons.

It didn't work so we did all three the home volume up and power buttons and then followed the rest of the instructions

On the samsung tab A 10.1 inches, the procedure didn't work for me. However, holding the volume up AND the HOME button worked. Therefore, you shut down the tablet, hold the volume up and home button, then press power button. Release the buttons when the samsung splash screen appears. After that, you will be guided through a few easy steps toward the reset of the tablet.

Good luck!

If you forgot your password, PIN, pattern lock, or if yo have a problem with OS, or you want to erase all data...

If you have a problem with navigation in the Android System Recovery menu, you can see explanation how to fix it in this guide.

To enter the tablet into Android System Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume UP, Home and Power ON buttons. When you see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 logo release only the Power button

You can unlock a device remotely if you have it registered to a Samsung account. On another device, go to findmymobile.samsung.com and log into your account. (I was able to reset my Samsung account password using the link before proceeding.) On the next screen, click Find, then More, then Unlock My Device. I had to reset all passwords, PIN, etc for the tablet, but so far it looks like all my downloads and other personal data is intact. Hope this helps!

Yes!!! it worked..:):):) thank you so much for the tip.. Your awesome!!!!

wow!!!!! really its amazing !!thanks a lot for this wonderful help:):):)

I forgot password, and the Samsung tab S was left in corner more than a month.

I followed all instructions nothing worked.

Here’s how you factory hard reset your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210):

1. Power off the device, do not charge it. Tablet should be completely off.

2. Wait for 20 Seconds.

3. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons for 15 seconds and release them. You get to the recovery screen.

4. Using the Volume Up/Down buttons navigate to Wipe data/factory reset

Press the Power button to accept the option – this will take you to the confirmation screen. Using the volume buttons navigate to yes and press the power button again to confirm the action

Your device will reboot. Mission accomplished!

it is useful methods .....tnanks all

as far as i understand this phone or tablet they both have Android operating system . this can be a say fix .

just restart the phone and follow all steps mention on this post Fix And Unlock Phone or Tablet without Password see if all the steps work for you . thank you

easily remove screen lock on Samsung Galaxy mobiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXADgwgVk...

Some need to hold the home button as well. All else is the same.

my tablet is switched on and won't turn off with out the Patten

joma dewald will be eternally grateful.