0

evanhaveman
1

Bottom of touchscreen not responding?

I just replaced the screen on my 3Gs and everything went smoothly except now the bottom 3/4" of the touchscreen does not register any touch. The rest of the touchscreen works fine.

Any ideas?

edit: it appears now to work but requires a lot of pressure... again, the rest of the touchscreen is fine.

perhaps the glass is not seated correctly?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , evanhaveman ( )

Hi evanhaveman, just wondering if you were able to solve the issue. I am having similar issues: after replacing screen, it is not responding right (bottom portion not responding well, can't scroll up and down well, chooses wrong app or alphabet even though the right portion of the touch screen is touched). Others with similar issues were suggested to do a hard reset to recalibrate. Just wondering if you have had any luck with your phone....

amoltakalkar,

the bottom row of my touch screen just stopped responding also. And then I went to a web page & when tried to close window it took NUMEROUS tries before it finally worked. Other than thaat the rest of my apps/screen works except I.m having a harder time getting my lock to open when I swipe it

Gidget,

0

markus weiher

an iPhone touch screen should never need any pressure - it's not a resistive touch screen - it's capacitive (CLICK for the Wikipedia page)

sending it to apple wouldn't make any sense - the warranty is gone and the would charge a "little" bit more than a new touch screen would cost.

i would check the connectors first, it's also possible that the "touch layer" isn't fitted properly or defective.

the only way to find out is to open the iPhone again

0

terry
43

I Suggest you to tear off the LCM and then check the touch screen-flex connector and reassemble it .

The best way is to send it to apple .

0

Matthieu Pesesse
1

I just ordered a 3GS Display touchscreen. Everything went smooth, but the bottom of the digitizer/touchscreen does not work at all.

I've checked the connectors, they are all clean, perfectly connected. The problem persist.

Conclusion: The brand new touchscreen I received from iFixit is defect.