The Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Inkjet Printer prints high quality prints of up to 13" x 19". In addition, it supports cd/dvd printing.

after cleaning printheads printer doesn't work and emits a beep

Hi, I dissassembled my printer twice after cleaning the printheads as initially it didn't turn on afterwards. After swopping one of the tabs around I reassembled it and it turned on. It began to clean and after a minute or so the light went off and now it won't turn on and emits a quiet beeping. What have I done wrong? I found the replacing of the tabs very difficult to see in which direction they should be inserted. Could I have put one back the wrong way round?

have you tried checking all the cartridges are pushed home also hold down the cancel button for 30 seconds then restart

also the cartridge/tabs should be furthest away from you as you stand in front of the printer

Hi Georgie -

I'm having the same problem. How long had you had the printer, and what did you end up doing? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue, also!

I have also had the same problem and I don't know what to do :I

I also had the same problem with Epson Stylus Office T1100.

at first it works normally, then suddenly printer turned off followed by quiet beeping sound from behind, then the printer won't work at all.

after browsing and look out to some forums, the majority comments said that it is mainboard problem, altough it's not clearly described the cause of this problem.

then I replaced with other part (I have another same printer with broken gear-set), a set of power supply + mainboard, then start the printer again. It works again, but unfortunately, after like a minute, the same problem hit again, printer turned off, followed by quiet beeping sound, and my printer resting in peace forever.

I give up for this one. That's all.

Georgie Hopton will be eternally grateful.