The Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Inkjet Printer prints high quality prints of up to 13" x 19". In addition, it supports cd/dvd printing.

after cleaning printheads printer doesn't work and emits a beep

Hi, I dissassembled my printer twice after cleaning the printheads as initially it didn't turn on afterwards. After swopping one of the tabs around I reassembled it and it turned on. It began to clean and after a minute or so the light went off and now it won't turn on and emits a quiet beeping. What have I done wrong? I found the replacing of the tabs very difficult to see in which direction they should be inserted. Could I have put one back the wrong way round?

have you tried checking all the cartridges are pushed home also hold down the cancel button for 30 seconds then restart

also the cartridge/tabs should be furthest away from you as you stand in front of the printer

Hi Georgie -

I'm having the same problem. How long had you had the printer, and what did you end up doing? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue, also!

I have also had the same problem and I don't know what to do :I

I also had the same problem with Epson Stylus Office T1100.

at first it works normally, then suddenly printer turned off followed by quiet beeping sound from behind, then the printer won't work at all.

after browsing and look out to some forums, the majority comments said that it is mainboard problem, altough it's not clearly described the cause of this problem.

then I replaced with other part (I have another same printer with broken gear-set), a set of power supply + mainboard, then start the printer again. It works again, but unfortunately, after like a minute, the same problem hit again, printer turned off, followed by quiet beeping sound, and my printer resting in peace forever.

I give up for this one. That's all.

Epson 1410 has both paper and ink lights on without blink. What is wrong. Thanks

Concur.

# After flushing the printhead with water / isopropyl

1. also leaving ink cartridges with water / isopropyl in the printhead overnight, also with a paper towel under the printhead & above the cleaning station to absorb any water / isopropyl.
  2. The next day I powered up, red ink light on & green power button either continuous or flashing, uncertain
  3. Forgot the paper towel was under the printhead
  4. forgot to screw the printhead down to the tray with the 3 screws
  5. the printhead cartridge terminal block was also loose as I broke off the tabs that lock it down
  6. the yellow cartridge was off & slightly above the terminal block
  7. then after no response with the red ink light on / green power light
  8. I powered off & powered up again to a no power condition with the beeping noise.

Tech:

# reviews indicate problem hypothesis “Waste Ink Tank Counter” or “WIC Reset”. I concur reason the Water / Isopropyl I drilled in to some Ink Cartridges & left overnight could have somehow tripped the “Waste Ink Tank Counter”.

1. I downloaded various “WIC Reset Utilities” & with the 1400 USB port plugged in & powered up beeping, none of the WIC Reset utilites would recognize a printer on the USB Port.
  2. I confirmed the 1400 USB Port is not tripping the Windows 7 Device Manager with any hardware changes. This indicates that the Logicboard is not sending any communications to the Windows7 USB Port.
  3. If the Logicboard will not power up the USB Port, then there is a Hardware failure / lockout.

Tech A.

# next to teardown 1400 & attempt to diagnose the fuse, Waste Ink Tank & Power Supply.

Concur.

Tech:

Tech A.

It is the obsolescence scheduled of Epson. She destroys an element of the card - mother and your printer does not work anymore. I had the same problem with five machines. I changed the card - mother, but it is again destroyed after working a few minutes. The one who has the solution is blessed of all the victims of Epson.

Georgie Hopton will be eternally grateful.