Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why does my iPhone charger only have red, green, and white?

So my iPhone charger cable was broken, and i attempted to fix it myself. I opened the case and found the little green platform (don't know what does are called) which has label of W, G, R, and B. I figured those stand for White, Green, Red, and Black. However, when i cut open the wire from the middle, I found only 3 wires. Red, White, and Green. Since I also wanted my charger to be charge only, I searched online and figured that I only need the red and black cabled. BUT I CAN'T FIND THE BLACK CABLE ITSELF! Other than the red, green, and white, I also found 4 bunches of ultra thin wire grouped together. Are those the black cable's inside?

Can anyone tell me how to plug/tape the wires into the green platform so my iPhone would charge?

Thanks.

Alex, interesting little project. How about you post some images of the circuit board (green platform) and your cable and let us see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question to add images.

buy a new charger Save you any bother

Alright bro if your really trying to do this and just want it to charge you just need the black and red wire. If you want it to exchange data or download something off a different device your going to need the white which is the positive data wire while the green is the negative data wire and those above which I listed(black,red). Just make sure you connect those wires to the correct corresponding mounts or you'll short your $@$* out

Just make a ground if you can't find it

Alex will be eternally grateful.