Nikon Coolpix 4600 digital camera which was released in February 2005. It has a 4-megapixel effective image resolution with a Nikkor 3x zoom lens.

Can I get a replacement battery compartment door?

The battery compartment door on my E4600 is cracked and barely usable when batteries are placed in the camera. I must use duct tape to keep the proper pressure on the door so it stays in contact with the batteries. Please tell me there is a way for this to be repaired with a new door!! I love this camera and would be extremely disappointed if this is not repairable.

Thanks,

Joe Dietz

Did you ever get your Battery Door fixed??? if so please help me!!!

My camera is a Nikon 55 , and older filem camera . this camera takes the best

pictures

I also have a Nikon Coolpix L610 with the battery latch that won't stay closed when the batteries are in. It is due to a cheap and faulty design. I have a camera now that I cannot even use Frustrating!!!!!!

Here's what I found on eBay: eBay parts listing

Here's another link on getting the part directly from Nikon, they even sent them the needed instructions on how to replace the door! Fitya - Coolpix 4600

Here's the IFIXIT guide, sadly it only gets you part way there: Removing Nikon Coolpix 4600 Front and Rear case

Hope this helps! Good Luck

Joe Dietz will be eternally grateful.