The Apple Magic Mouse is a multi-touch mouse manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. It was announced and sold for the first time on October 20, 2009.

Is an inactive Magic Mouse repairable?

Yesterday my Magic Mouse stopped working. I tried several new batteries and it still won't work. Can it be repaired?

When you turn it the mouse on does the green LED light up just above the on/off switch on the bottom.

There is no green light. I've tried 10 different sets of new batteries.

tried all methods, neither works :(

Got it as a gift year ago, and hadnt used once.

yes i even bought a new pack of nimh aa s but the pencil eraser was the solution.the contacts looked clean, but....thanks

perfect!!! 3 times using pencil eraser

Thats a good sign ;-}

Try using a pencil eraser the clean the corrosion and/or non conductive film that has built up on the contacts.

A cotton swab slightly moist with white vinegar can also clean up any crust from your alkaline batteries. Be sure to wipe down the area afterwards with some cotton swabs moistened with straight water (not to wet) to clean off the vinegar afterwards.

Ta Da! Fixed it with the pencil eraser. Once I read the suggestion I looked, and could clearly see crud on the lower left terminal. Scrub scrub scrub - got my mouse back. Would never have thought that it could get like that, but it did. Thanks.

Worked a treat!! Thx

It worked (toothpick) !!

I had to clean the contacts several times with a cue tip and then an eraser ..three times with the eraser .. and then it finally worked. Don't give up !

Brilliant and correct. Fixed mine with the pencil eraser. It was cruddy.

I cleaned it with a cotton swab and vinegar then just water and dried it worked at the first try :D

imacfix will be eternally grateful.