How do I replace power door motor
I need instructions on replacing side power door motor on Chrysler Town and Country 2006
Is this a good question?
Harold Prichett, check this for the power window motor excellent video. It will show you how to do it. If you are referring to the power lock, then this from the manual:'
DOOR LOCK SWITCH
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
DOOR LOCK SWITCH
(1) Remove door trim panel. Refer to Body, Door - Front, Trim Panel, Removal and Installation.
(2) Disconnect wire connector from back of door lock switch.
(3) Depress switch to LOCK position.
(4) Using an ohmmeter, test switch resistance between Pins 2 and 3. Refer to the DOOR LOCK SWITCH CONTINUITY test and (Fig. 1).
(5) Depress switch to UNLOCK position.
(6) Test resistance between Pins 2 and 3.
(7) Test resistance between pins 2 and 3 while switch is in its normal unactuated mode.
(8) If resistance values are not within the parameters shown replace the door lock switch.
DOOR LOCK SWITCH CONTINUITY SWITCH POSITION CONTINUITY BETWEEN RESISTANCE VALUE
LOCK 2 and 3 5.3K Ohm ± 5%
UNLOCK 2 and 3 2.0K Ohm ± 5%
UNACTUATED 2 and 3 18.3K Ohms ± 5%
(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
(2) Remove door trim panel. Refer to Body, Door - Front, Trim Panel, Removal.
(3) Disconnect wire connector from back of door lock switch.
(4) Remove two screws to door lock switch.
(5) Remove switch from vehicle.
(1) Install the switch into the vehicle.
(2) Install the two screws to door lock switch.
(3) Connect wire connector to back of door lock switch.
(4) Install door trim panel. Refer to Body, Door - Front, Trim Panel, Installation.
(5) Connect the battery negative cable.
Here is a great video that show how to replace the power actuator on the sliding door.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 1
Past 7 Days: 7
Past 30 Days: 24
All Time: 1,641