The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Why does washer keep rinsing during spin/dry cycle?

Hello, thank you for any assistance.

My Kenmore washer has two things going on.

First "new thing" is it agitates during initial water fill. Never did that before. It would normally fill properly to selected level... THEN start agitating. Now it just starts agitating second I turn it on.

Second thing is it continually adds water through rinse cycle AND spin cycle. So I get a water soaked load of laundry at end of spin cycle.

What part could I replace to correct the problem with the continuous rinse during spin/dry cycle?

Most Helpful Answer

This is not a normal failure that I'm familiar with. My guess, and it's just that, is:

Water Inlet Valve

If the washer is overflowing and power is shut off to the washer, the water inlet valve has failed. Replace it.

Pressure Switch

If the washer is overflowing the pressure switch might be defective. The pressure switch is attached to a small tube which is attached to the outer wash tub. As the water level rises the air pressure in the tube increases, once the set water level is reached the pressure switch turns off power to the water inlet valve. Check to be sure the air tube to the pressure switch is clear before replacing the switch.

Thank you for the response and your time. The washer never overflows. It is during the rinse and spin (drying) cycle. That it continually adds water as it is draining water. So at end of spin cycle cloths are heavy and soaked.

Mine does the same thing drives me nuts.

Have you been able to figure out how to fix the extra rinse your machine does at the end of the cycle? Im having the same issue.

Well, after reading repair boards/forums for days! I tried what someone suggested. It worked! All it cost was $7.

Go to AutoZone or Advance auto. Buy a can of CRC Lectra-Motive electric parts cleaner. Then go open the washing machine you can watch a YouTube video how to do it. Basically remove the two plastic side retainer pieces. Remove screws and clips. Get to the electronics. Spray down all control boards and connection plugs you find. It's basically having a bad connection or jumping do to years of humid conditions, dust, vibrations. I am not sure which part or wire connection was at fault. Like I said I sprayed all I found.

This cleaner is potent! Respirator recommended. Fan a must! Fan helps dry everything I sprayed. After spraying I left fan on high for 3 hours blowing into the sprayed parts.

Then I clipped the connections back together. Then put everything back together. Did a test load and BAM it was fixed. $7. No parts. It has been running perfect ever since. I can't even remember when I posted this.

It's NOT hard. YouTube video on opening unit. Get the CRC Electric cleaner and do it.

Our w/d are 1998 but we keep them clean. No reason to but new ones. The only other repair was the "dogs" on the agitator... it's a wear item. Kenmore/Whirlpool are great machines. NEVER BUY THOSE STUPID FRONT LOADER MACHINES! Keep it simple. People. BAM

Good luck!

So almost 2 years it's been operating flawlessly. Nice!

Randy will be eternally grateful.