Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

My tablet is asking for a password all of a sudden

my tablet is asking for a password that i have never needed just to get past the main page. i dont know what to do

3 Comments

I need to set up my tablet. Thanks

Can you help?

I have this problem too. It happened on my old tablet( thankfully i have a new one) when i opened it. Must have downloaded to many games...

Most Helpful Answer

Try to make it reset.

Hold the stop button and volume up button for a few seconds, then have to be reset options.

If it did not try to Google "Reset node recovery Galaxy Tab"

2 Comments:

Hi, I have the same problem, I have tried this but I do not get any reset option

not working for me!!!

If your tablet is suddenly requiring a password that you didn't set and it never did before, try this: it JUST happened to my mom's Samsung Galaxy A 10” tablet. We couldn't even turn it off to do a factory reset because it said the password was required. Well, we inputted her Google account pass and that was what it was. So try using the password you would use when logging into the Google Play store. It worked for hers. Hope this helps!

1 Comment:

This worked for my wife's tablet, thanks a lot!

I used my Google password and it worked but how do I stop it asking for it everytime. Its really annoying.

1 Comment:

Help! My google password did not unlock my TabA

fortune hovind will be eternally grateful.