Also known as the GS70 Stealth, this 17" gaming laptop was released in summer 2013 by Micro-Star International.

Change QWERTY for AZERTY keyboard

Hey

I wonder if it is possible to change the QWERTY keyboard of the MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with an AZERTY one.

How would I be able to do that? Where to order? How to replace?

At this moment this is my most pressing concern in buying the device.

Kind regards

Bavo

Most Helpful Answer

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I have been searching too and I found that MSI is selling them with azerty keyboards: MSI GS70 2PE-044BE

The 044BE is Belgian country code.

The QWERTY version on amazon is around 400eur cheaper. I figured for that price I can order an azerty replacement keyboard and install it myself. Do you think that will work? Where would I be able to buy such a replacement keyboard?

Besides, the keyboard has transparent glowing letters. Putting stickers on it would kill that feature.

Kind regards

Bavo Ketels

the keys are safely removable and replaceable if your carefull. they are standard scissor keys and the only trick is working out the individual orientation of each key. besides that you should avoid removing them more than necessary as there is a pair of plastic 'snap in' joins for each key.

you can simply tell windows its a different type but chicklet keys on laptops break easily so you dont want to try to physically move them around, my best suggestion is find stickers of some type to change the lettering

I owned an MSI GS70 Stealth for 3 years. It came with an AZERTY (FR) keyboard. Last month, some keys became not working. I went to the local computer store to change the keyboard. They are selling MSI laptops, that's a reason for which I went there, but they told me they were unable to find this kind of keyboard. I paid 40 EUR they refund me. I had to buy another laptop (not MSI).

No Name will be eternally grateful.